Tuesday, January 15, 2013

It's Only A Week Late!


There was an event that took place last Tuesday, to merely call it a ride forgoes the long held FT3 motto that” we are doing a lot more than riding on Tuesday!”  With many a descriptive moment missing I suggest to follow highlight reel as remembrance:

  • ·         The ride was immediately dubbed the first annual FT3HHMR.
  • ·         After 4 wheel drive was deemed necessary to enter the Knot Lot many riders were giddy with the unexpected.
  • ·         What was really unexpected was Cappy’s rousing and very humorous pitch of Nevada’s Silver and his first interview with Darcii (yes two i’s are necessary in this particular spelling).
  • ·         The ride started with a descent of the Classic California Climb that some local ruffians and turned into a true luge course. 
  • ·         The lake trail was in great shape and held our attention for most of the night. 
  • ·         Half way around the lake we encountered two headlights off in the distance, as no one else ever recreates on our trails, it must be some late FT3ers.
  • ·         Much to our surprise, two riders were enjoying the great winter ride but were versed in FT3 lore and immediately launched into spot on Huell impersonations!
  • ·         Palins and Blairs were surprising rideable (but when are they not?) and the FT3 logo rounded out the ride.
  • ·         Tacos were small to begin with but grew to meet our needs throughout the evening, and the sauce choice was plentiful.

  
Trail Update:  Not much is going to be clear tonight.  With evening lows dipping into the teens and daytime highs not much above the freezing mark, the little new snow is entrenched for the duration.  Regardless, the boys are on the hard court (I am curious if I could sell the team to Seattle, that could possible free up some riding time?) and I am out (unless there is a late night run for Knot tacos)

LOtB

8 comments:

  1. In like Flynn! Such silence. Perhaps we are still observing the HHMR of last week...When next I meet a fork in the trail, I'll surely ask, what would Huell do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard through the grapevine that Bambi's report was prior to Friday's dusting of snow. It sounds like Lars' report may be more up to date and accurate.

    I'm going to use that Peter Logic and the fact I have a major work deadline to declare OUT tonight.

    Be safe and stay warm. RG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got the new slim line Depends for that.

      Don't know what I'm going to do about the drool while I'm researching the new squish niner purchase, an old school 'hanky' I guess.

      Delete
  3. Damn, if this turns into a tour of pville steeps or other event I will forever regret that I am not going to be present. Alas, I am battling a virus that has taken over my lungs. OUT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pville Steeps, while not necessarily good as a staple, always tend to be memorable. Nonetheless a ride fluffer sounds interesting.

      Delete