I don't have time to craft a lengthy report, but here is a list of significant happenings on the ride.
- GreenFro is now officially KWalified
- The weather was just about perfect
- Blowdown was manageable and there was only a single patch of unrideable snow (@ KW)
- We were 7-(taco)strong - 'Fro, THTH, Cap, XT, B, nocar, & B
- The route was the standard Strawberry-Cody Meadow-Hay Flat-Caples Creek/Silverfork-Martin Meadow-Thunder Mountain-Sentinels-KW Inn-Caples Maint. Sta.-Schneider Cow Camp-SB 4WD
- The relentless uphill pull from Caples Creek to the Sentinels was about 3.3K' in one go, representing half of all the climbing on the entire ride
- The only mechy was a single flat (any guesses?)
- Newb pulled a Newb and errantly dropped down a random canyon on his own, just like when he tried to ride to Genoa on the Rose-Big Meadow epic
- We racked up a $300 bill at the KW Inn, before tip!
- All things barley are $8 there now, and Black Butte (an official LRP fluid) has been dropped from the menu
- Upon examination of the receipt pictured below I detected that there was an $8 resort services fee of some sort
- Because of the above bullets future KW nutrition stops may be at the nearby 7800 Club (not Vail-owned)
Updated by B