Monday, March 30, 2015

Majority Rules with FT3!

A few weeks ago there was an initiative set in motion for a Happy Valley area long ride. While I was not one of the original invitees, (or present at the taco table when it came to be...?) I managed to wiggle my way into possible attendance by circumstantial run in with an in-the-know FT3er. I was able to determine who the ring leader was, and contacted him directly. While I was uncertain if I was going to attend, there was a possibility. Ultimately, since this ride wasn't pre-planned with more than 2 days notice, I was unable to carve out an entire day on such short notice.

I wasn't present last Tuesday, but apparently, there was a taco table discussion about a similar long ride in a different location. This one was to be embarked from the home of the great chicken provider Green Fro. As far as I know the 'present at the taco table or semi back channel' count was holding at 2, right up until the eve of the embarkation of this ride. At that same time, other rides were set in motion and the tailwind took, a small but feisty road group was meeting at the bagel shop at 8:00am.

At the 8:00am ride, our DRL was going to be present, and he was to bring his own replacement, whom all who were present now have as a contact, and as such, we too have proceeded to delete the contact information of the late-great and soon to be departing one formerly known as "Lars."






The road group was surprised to see the presence of Green Fro, the great chicken provider, as all present were under impression there was a long ride taking place that none of our time schedules could afford. It turns out the great chicken provider too was unable to commit to a lengthy ride on such short notice (less than one week is short notice for many of us), and as such he opted to join the road group and meet Lars' own replacement. As for the second rider of the 'present at the taco table or semi back channel' count off, he went for his own long ride. Alone.


Those of us remaining included myself, Xteric, Lars and his replacement, Stryker. We, er, I, competitively rejected many of the DRL's ride options until we finally landed on a reasonable compromise and embarked on a road ride through the new sharrows and trails to Forni, Davidson, French Creek, Ponderosa, Meder, Starbuck, Deer Valley, Jergens, Luneman, Springvale, Greenstone, Missouri Flat and back on the new sharrows and trails. "You know it's a good ride when you go hub deep in water on a road bike."



And so it goes. FT3 should calendar some summer long rides like we did last year. Any takers on hosting? Throw out some routes and some dates, those who can will, those who can't won't. NoHandle, when is your long ride? 

It's Spring Break in Pollock Pines!





ONE!

The Minority Opinion








29 comments:

  1. Is this a callout for Tuesday or is Cappy announcing his next LRP?

    TWO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little of both and some venting...

      BTW - That last pic looks like Vortex abuse.

      Delete
    2. The Vortex has never been happier.

      Delete
    3. I don't know about that; the Dolomites in Italy are about as good a cycling venue there is. :-0

      Delete
  2. Way to go with the Monday callout, Cappy. I'm already excited for FT3, too! Way overdue . . .
    THREE!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I can finally get rid of the XXXXXL gloves I've been bringing to FT3 every week.

      Delete
    2. As a great facilitator of learning I know you, PC, are aware that this is much more than a callout.

      Delete
    3. True that. However, when I navigated to the blog last night with the expectation that I would need to create some inventive call-out post in order to express my enthusiastic intent to attend, I was pleasantly surprised to find that your ride report / call-out would more than suffice for this purpose. Thanks!

      Oh yeah - and I'm delighted for the opportunity to ride with you this evening!

      Delete
    4. I too am delighted, 5:00pm cannot come soon enough. I am thinking we should start the evenings activities with a warm, welcoming embrace.

      Delete
  3. I'd like to organize an LRP this year, maybe then I'll actually be able to attend it.
    Five

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where would we ride on your LRP?

      Delete
    2. That is part of the organizational process. But safe to say, somewhere really lame.

      Delete
    3. Just make sure you have the appropriate road/dirt ratio, whatever that might be.

      Delete
  4. Where is the busted down bridge picture?

    ReplyDelete
  5. WTF - first no comment on Cappy's actually attendance today and then, amg, C-Man is back for his 3rd or is it 4th requalification. Wow! Big night in Pollywood. With those two, and Partial Credit it is going to be a party. Maybe Orphan will make it 4 in a row.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed Spring Break in Pollywood. If you google "Spring Break in Pollock Pines," you will find that picture of the dude shooting a gun.

      Delete
    2. I saw Orphan just this morning at H.D.

      I told him I would be riding tonight, but oddly he didn't offer yes or no, and I didn't press the issue though I rightly should have. We'll see . . .

      Delete
  6. And what of B's attendance? XTeric back channel?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lemmings, not-so-hidden messages about riding together, mention of the great chicken provider finding Lars' replacement and deleting him from the contact list, and everyone is just talking about their attendance this evening???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who was this Lars you refer to. Maybe he can check in Bambi and see if B or XT are attending.

    ReplyDelete