Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Where is the Cycle Infra, I think I can ride now...

It's not in Pollywood, I will tell you this much!! Just ask this guy who rides to work from Pollywood to Pville and back, every day, logging a hearty 42 miles per day.



He is the rider of the night, frequently seen by FT3er's with belly's full, rides under our belts, and bikes on top or inside our cars. He definitely 'keeps it real,' but who; here in rural America, rides a bike daily for transportation? (Besides NoCar of course, who, on occasion, with a great deal of shame, uses a car.) It's certainly unusual if not downright crazy. If you asked this Pollywood Local he will tell you - "because the damn police took my car away..." Little does this rider know the great benefits he is receiving by cycling daily!

So onto the Cycle Infra, to which I am referring to the pavement variety as opposed to the dirt variety of which we will relish in this evening. IN fact, the  dirt variety of cycle infrastructure abounds in our great area, and thanks to rouge trail builders it continues to grow regularly. It certainly raises our fun factor but does nothing of the societal problem that is cycling on the roads here in America. Take in this informative viddy which contrasts the US cycling from a Dutch perspective.


Ready for Dirt Infra?

ONE!

9 comments:

  1. I am so ready for dirt infra... Not sure if I will be able to get off work on time, though. In which case I will take the road infra for tacos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to change the subject matter on this huge HCF blow up but I just wanted to remind the FT3ers that this Saturday is the ride around Tahoe. You can send me a back channel message if you can make it. I look forward to possibly riding with some of you again. BTW, do you know who has my new FT3 kit? I look forward to representing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Out tonight. Between the soukri being broken, having to work until seven, and moving in a couple days, there isn't enough time in the day. In other news, while I was ordering my dropouts for the soukri, I also ordered myself a new bike.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Newb moving? Newb new bike? Sounds like you've got your hands quite full. What'd you end up ordering?

    ReplyDelete
  5. IN IN IN
    Valero pick-up please

    3!

    ReplyDelete