Monday, July 7, 2014

Le Tour de Tahoe?!!



If a long ride went down in Tahoe next weekend, would anyone know about it? Who would attend? Would there be camping? Would generous family members stock supplies at various points along the way? Inquiring minds would like to know. 


For those interested in another, slightly longer ride, Le Tour is in effect, and Vincezo "Nibbles" Nibali made a late charge and took the podium for stage 2. And one has to wonder, if this race is a tour of France, why do they have two full stages in England? I know they cross borders in many races, but this is unprecedented. Why do we then need a Tour of Britain? Couldn't one cover most of those faire Isles in 2 days anyway?


In other news, hey, another Tuesday is upon us. A possible thunder shower may help settle the dust, but I'm bringing my mask anyway. 

One!

PS - still need a RR from last week. I can summarize: It was a full house, ODRL graced us, Spawn led us, the dust plumed and hung in the warm night air as we rolled from one corner to another of our beloved Pollywood. There was swimming, some ordered fish taocs, we ate outside, the bitties were feisty, dogs were banned, and Fro brought along his frankentrike for apres nosh sliding. All was right with the world. 

15 comments:

  1. Out for taco ride. Work has dragged me to the Humboldt coast where its a balmy 55 deg upon arrival behind the Redwood curtin. I'm game for the Le Tour de Tahoe though. Is that this weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice callout and recap. I will add that Spawn pulled out all the stops to deliver less dusty trails.

    As to the Mount Rose Big Meadows ride, last I heard, Cappy was going to organize it the weekend of 19, 20 July, but now he won't because B won't be there. Way to ruin it for the rest of us B. Thanks alot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And why again can't B join us on that date? Skiing in Alaska? Riding the North shore of BC? What could keep him from a Tahoe LRP?

      Delete
  3. Does B's schedule dictate LRP event planning.
    I may have an opening the weekend of 19/20 but not riding Sun as was once proposed.
    I'm in tonight. What is the count? 2 at least.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am IN tonight. I should have time for a pre-ride or ride-up as well.

    Looks like 19/20 may be open for me as well. If nothing else, a spin past Thunder Mountain to the ridge formerly known as Squaw followed by burgers and beers at Plasse's is always a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Son of a... looks like work may keep me away from one of my final three FT3's before I go into exile. To say I am disappointed is an understatement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its never too late to ride up to the taco table.

      Delete
    2. What sort of exile. Are you having an operation, going on Safari, taking dancing classes on Tues. Coaching slow sports?

      Delete
  6. I wouldn't be waving any flags if I was a German in Brazil right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, 5-0??? And there are a fair number of former SS or their kin down that way...

      Delete
  7. I may be able to make it after all, we shall see... lights are charging

    ReplyDelete
  8. In. Most likely pre riding.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm IN!! Will swing by mosquito but I am looking to depart a bit early in order to ensure a parking spot

    ReplyDelete
  10. And I'm out. Tending to a round of stomach flu. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear you found wheels to do Ranger and Skookum.

    ReplyDelete