Tuesday, November 29, 2011

And that's a wrap



BASP Golden Gate Park 2011 - A 35+ from HeartsEyeView on Vimeo.



As some of you may be aware the exciting Bay Area Super Prestige Series Cyclocross Race at Golden Gate Park was held this past Sunday. In case you forgot what it is like to race that race, or in case you never knew, check out this awesome video posted by Jude Mayne, a racer from Reno who is leading the Sacramento CX Series. He finished 12th at the Golden Gate Park BASP Race. I am happy to say I was not too far behind him, finishing 19th. I am not in his video. Keep in mind as you watch this that he was called up to the line. With that in mind note how many riders he passed! I too was fighting a similar battle, albiet a bit behind him. I am, however, in this video taken by none other than our own Safety First, who may warrent a handle change to Camera First, as you may have seen he is pretty handy with a camera. He is quite Techy too, because I think he was the first to post any video on the BASP GG Park race on Youtube.



This is Safety's best still shot. I think he captured the pre-race intensity well. What say you?



All this talk of racing is making me thirsty. Along those lines, those non-racers among us will appreciate the following viddy from the SSCX world champoinships held at the same park two weeks ago.


With that, it is Tuesday and time for another mountain bike training ride. Actually, I may be done training. It looks like I am not going to be able to make another race this season. And that is fine. It has been a great season, a lot of fun with some solid finishes in a tough class. I need to save some excitement for next year. Maybe next year some other FT3 riders will be right there with me. Then again, maybe next year I will take up kiteboarding.

ONE!

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for the photo and video credit Cap'n. I'm out tonight but did enjoy watching the SF GG CX race. It does appear in the last video that there was blood on that person's face. The video that I shot was of the elite men bunny hopping the barrier and there was a few that nearly face planted after not properly jumping. After watching videos of the so called "SSCX world championships", I wonder why people were dressed up in costumes and taking their time around the course. Anyway, more photos from Women's elite race and Men's masters A located at:

    https://picasaweb.google.com/105586047738927969464/November272011SanFranciscoGoldenGateCyclocrossRacePhotos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently, Safety really enjoyed watching the elite women's race. But, who wouldn't?

    Three

    ReplyDelete
  3. The elite women & Cat A races were right before Captain's race and I had to make sure my camera's settings were dialed in (hence all those photos). Plus, now you guys get to see what you missed out. It turns out that most of my camera setting had to be changed by the time captain steam rolled the course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right, adjusting settings. Of course. If you look closely at the women pics, you will find a woman with a moustache, a blatent ass pic, and a chick with big ass tatooed arms. No joke.

    And as far as the beer break guy goes, I thought it was blackberry juice. And further Safety, I do believe that is why they call it the "Single Speed CX World Championships." Less Gears... More Beers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. But what of the Rapha paid sandbaggers, who didn't have to perform the Feats of Strength to qualify, went on to win the SSCXWC and then didn't stick around for the awards ceremony and refused the victor's trophies (tattoos).

    Lame.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you referring to the SSCX World Championship photos? I discovered a bunch here:

    https://picasaweb.google.com/108012281066143271522/CyclocrossSingleSpeedWorldChampionships2011

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am interested to learn more about the Rapha Sandbaggers, NoCar. Link me.

    I was referring to YOUR photos from last Sunday, Safety. Take a close look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I told Xteric that tonight will almost certainly be a Long Ride. That may have frightened him away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am not going to make it to the mosquito lot for the drive up at 5:45. Will be running late. Not sure what that means for you typical non-drivers. May need you guys to ride a lake or Fleming loop so I can ride the opposite way and make a connection. Will call B's cell to coordinate...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in. Hells yes. I'll pick up strays at the 'squito lot. Well done, cappy!!

    ReplyDelete