Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Then there were six!



Captain kindly provided shuttling service to nocar and me.  We saw B rolling his cross bike to the Pollywood lot.  Upon arriving NoSauce made a guest appearance and was riding.  Captn had his camera mounted on his helmet and took ride leadership.  The 6 of us dropped to the lake, rode to horse trail, up the switchbacks to MET, over towards the 8, dropped to lower Palin, made it back to the 8, CCW, up redneck rising, dropped left lip and back to the lot via lake loop clockwise.

B, at times was hauling a bit more speed that he could handle so his cross bike started to shake bolts loose.  He stopped to adjust his top cap bolt and as strong as he was, he blew apart his multi tool!  NoHandle and I searched for the missing parts but a bolt was nowhere to be found.  There was talk at the top of MET whether we should drop a new downhill trail but capn asked if it's worth not riding left lip and it was decided that it wasn't.  At this time, B noticed that his rear seat pack was left open and all the contents of it had fallen out somewhere between the mechanical on 8 to the top of MET.  We weren't climbing redneck again.  Trail conditions were exceptional:  just a bit tacky, no dust and relatively small amounts of mud.  Puddles of water still remain on the bottom of redneck rising.  I didn't have my GPS so no ride specs from me this time.  Overall it was a great ride!

Here is the video link, I could not get it to load properly... Cap'n
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w99T3CTBukQ








It was dark when I took this photo so I'm not sure what NoHandle and B were up to.   Feel free to add to or modify this post FT3ers.  Perhaps more photos from B and a video from Captn? 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the video of dropping lower Palins Capn! I'm surprised how little the camera rattled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nocar, hopefully I'll get a link to B's awesome photos. I'm sure he has lots of action/riding photos. Perhaps your question should be addressed to the ladies of FT3??

    ReplyDelete