Tuesday, September 10, 2013

CX Kickoff & It's Tuesday!

Folsom Cyclebration Cyclocross Race went down this weekend, yours truly and Gen 2 took honors. I was bested by my Gen 2 offspring as he went clear for first, I had to settle for second in my class. Nonetheless, I have now visited the Men's 35+ A podium twice, which I will enjoy while it lasts, because soon enough the Taco Spawn will make his entry on the scene.




The hot day made for what can be best known as 'non-traditional' California Cyclocross. It was about 96 degrees at the 2:30 start time. It took a fare bit of HTFU just to push through the entire 60 minutes, fortunately my cousin, who was present to watch, brought his hat to remind me each lap. 



The course was super fun, featuring a mix of grass, sand, pavement and rocky technical sections. My strategy was simply to drill 'the hill' each lap and then take down the technical section with vigor, get through the rest of the course and do it all over again, and again, and again. Twelve laps were conquered over the 60 minute period. All together a good day of cross, it would have been nice to be a little closer to the winner, but I am happy with a podium finish nonetheless.

And now it is Tuesday!!! Let's roll!

ONE!!




11 comments:

  1. The blog is out of control these days. We need to get a handle on this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming out of retirement for tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Out - stubbed toe and slightly infected finger. Will probably be back riding in a few days though. UL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm delighted to count myself among the guest list of those attending tonight's festivities. Four . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got essays to grade after school, so I'll be driving myself up to the starting line for a 6:15 departure.

      Delete
  5. I will be in the Knot lot with my taco meat cologne emitting from my kit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know no car is out. I have to water his veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not pedaling up. I will be taking my HTFU cousin and his girlfriend up, they are going to do a hike and join us for the taco part, I should have room for one, possibly two more if we get cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I submit all my essays via Twitter. Lights charged ready to roll. I believe that is a solid six count.

    ReplyDelete