Friday, April 22, 2016

FT3 Jumps the Pond

A new rider presented himself at the Knott lott last Tuesday. He showed a sincere enthusiasm for preBRs and had no problem completing the Qualifier within regulation time. His bicycle was dated, to say the least, and its worthiness decreased as the night progressed. The loose rear shock, bottom bracket, and rear hub all conspired against the drive train and after much mashing of gears one of the derailleur pulleys blew apart. He survived to tacos, but his woefully unmaintained ride earned him the Taco Handle Haggard. The fellow is a foreign national, the first in FT3 that I'm aware. Perhaps he'll come back.

Sadly, we must acknowledge the passing of an institution, the TS 100 is no more. This merited just a parenthetical clause in an email heavy with exclamation points, as Mr. Northey tries to sell his new venue.

He's lining out a free 8 hour race for anyone interested.

10 comments:

  1. One ? In any case I'm in. FT3 has some diversity now. Or at least we can't be blamed for discrimination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife will be stuck at home with my mom this evening, which may disturb my DTI, but sometimes you have to make sacrifices.

    2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always good bonding with mom-in-law and wife.

      Delete
  3. In
    Will be driving from Tahoe directly to the K Hole
    3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see NoCar has his family priorities down. I'll be joining the FT3 crowd tonight.
    4

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been IN, then out. Then IN. Well I'll just have to play it by ear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better be careful with all that in n out

      Delete
    2. I hear that the in-and-out speeds things along.

      Delete
    3. I wish it was that kind of in and out. I'd even be happy with In 'n Out.

      No ins or outs, maybe I should just ride

      Delete
  6. 5! ready to seek and destroy

    ReplyDelete