Tuesday, March 28, 2017

To Ride or Slide




This has been the question of late. Your Counselman has been battling the licensure process (soul crushing) as well as some cognitive dissonance related to the aforementioned leisure activities. Which one fulfills the need more? Where are my loyalties? Are they mutually exclusive?

While I know this is a cycling blog, there are a fair number of folks who are equally torn between which surface to navigate. Of course, both are preferable, but at any given moment (on any given day) that is the domain of a rare few.

So, as the seasons turn, and we consider how best to earn our turns, I am settling into the idea that there is only one imperative: What am I called to do in this moment? Tonight I am called to wheels and wet earth, to whiskey and the whiff of spices emanating from the Knott.



**Oh, and I'm bringing along my Uncle from Seattle...

What's your calling?

1

25 comments:

  1. My calling is to once again sit out on another ride to allow a badly sprained ankle to heal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you should hobble around the corner and pop in for tacos at least, Buttons. There will be celebrities in attendance.

      Delete
  2. Do I need to qualify again?! I'll be happy to pick up the back of the bunch and sit on everyone's wheel but this is mountain biking and I'm going to have to work at those climbs.
    Two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah right Safety, I have seen your Strava miles. I expect you to be right up front, until the descents anyway :)

      Delete
  3. Its like a reunion of sorts. After a long winter's break I too will return to the fold tonight, at the back of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3!
    Nice write up Couselman. Celebrity appearance by Safety.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn.
    Finally some different riders in the pack.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Promising numbers so far. I'll need a ride up tonight as the mini is getting some much needed attention. B or Fro?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a strong field of riders so far. Can't wait for the reunion to begin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Out. Again. Thinking about a year away. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May as well have another kid now NewB. I mean, if you have to stay home and all.

      Delete
    2. Then I'd be back to three years out. Getting closer.

      Delete
  9. Let's meet at the mos lot @5:45 at sort out the carpooling from there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll see you guys there, don't have room for another bike unfortunately.

      Delete
    2. XT (7) said he would pick me up.

      Delete
  10. I am going to go ahead and stay home and try for another kid. I shouldn't have even looked at this blog cause now I am friggin jealous. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are you riding, Cap? Also, what about Uncle Seattle?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sauce offering from Uncle Pauli of Pikes Market fame. Tasty!

      Delete