Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Piling Paul on top of Peter


Good day FT3 riders. A while back I did a ride in Bambi's 'hood and came across Petery Lane. I stopped beiefly, shot a photo, and relished in the fact that I don't live there. It is Tuesday and the blog remains quiet just before noon. Hopefully the blog is not being reduced to another paltry web page. Not hardly. This is much more of a "Paultry" web page, where great rides are documented and great cyclists come together. Hopefully some of you are planning to come together this evening in the riding ritual that is FT3. Those of you who rode last week but did not ride up for tacos better be present to receive the wrath due from Mother Rye. If the stars align, I may cycle my way up for the taco part as well to catch some of that wrath. However Petery I may feel about it.



Those of you who read the HCF may be aware that I did some "bicycle logging" last week. B's useful utility trailer worked well to help me haul out four nice chunks of Oak from a local urban section of the ED Trail. It was an exciting event, to say the least.

It seems as though soccer season and the slightly changing fall weather has much of FT3 busy with school, work and cyclocross training. Some of the more dedicated riders are getting out on the early front especially on Friday mornings. The 6:00am Cozmic Cafe start time has been met with approval by a handful of riders. The callout stands for this Friday. For now that ride remains a road ride until further notice. Early birds up.

This weekend is Folsom Cyclebration, resident FT3 racer Cap'n will probably race the MTB race on Sunday if anyone wants to roll down there. Fringe member and full time roadie Green Fro has indicated an interest in the asphalt-based Circuit Race which takes place Saturday evening. And furthermore some FT3 members will be spotted at the Annual American River Music Festival. Should be a fun weekend.

18 comments:

  1. Out. Still getting indoctrinated, I mean educated down here at band camp. As luck would have it, I met a kindred spirit here and we have added cycling to the curriculum. His domain is Flagstaff, but a look at some group ride photos suggests there are FT3 wannabes spread across this great land.

    See some of you next Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a fine post Cappy. Indeed the skinny tyres have been popular of late. I even did some trail jogging this weekend. A solid three miles, laughing at the wind and the hail while lightning thundered overhead.

    I would like to add that this weekend has another event on the official FT3 calendar: the wheel v. pod Strawberry Kirkwood pre-ride. What did you think LOtB has been doing during his absence -biking? No doubt he has been secret training for the biggest race of the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The HCF is looking rather Petery.
    Still at two, with one lamely waiting in the Mosquito Lot. Can't get off early enough to ride up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can roll the Mosquito lot tonight for a sweep.
    I can't believe the HCF let this much time go by w/out comment of Paul piling ontop of Peter, sounds pretty gay, not that there is antyhing wrong with that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If a sweep is necessary I'll provide some pre-ride soluble carbohydrate rich, sports drinks, AND buy your tacos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so satisfying to write a blog post and have it receive HCF accolades. I have been wanting to use the Petery Lane photo for some time now.

    T1 is in for tonights ride, I had to stop at the spoke for a bottom bracket tightening during a skinny tire lunch ride. Yes, I managed to ride the road so much my b/b became loose. I'm sure the whacked roads of the Leesville Gap road race had something to do with it. White Jersey was there checking out a Raleigh road bike, per my instruction. It turned out to be a tad too small for the whitey.

    Let me know via text if there will be a car headed to the mosquito lot post tacos, so as to inform my decision to ride up. Still not sure, feeling a bit Petery now, especially since I havn't been to an FT3 in over a month. A long lonely dark road ride might make it worse.

    ReplyDelete
  7. B is cycling back from the east coast, aboard a single speed, I presume?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, by the way, I too have started my 'running block." I am two runs into this block, both logged last week. As it stands the other FT3 podophiliacs running bases are still bigger than my peak. If I ran three miles, I would be crushed for days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes I am attempting a one man blow up of the HCF. Unfortunately, there is much work to do and little time left in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh by the way, the Green Fro Circuit race is on Sunday, not Saturday, I blogged incorrectly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the great post Captain! Sounds like you're getting ready for cross racing.

    Four.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Nocar Family Compact (revised 12/23/2010) clearly states in Chapter 7 -Tuesday Nights, paragraph 5, that "nocar is not permitted to ride a bicycle home from Pollock Pines after FT3."

    So, rest assured Cappy, if we ride, then a car will have to return to Mosquito.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We've got a "Four" from safety. Did he count T1 via Cappy's single man HCF blow back channel "in".
    Am I sweeping? I can take up to 4 in a very cozy back seat that B and Booker like to share.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, I counted t1 as 3 and myself at 4. See you at the Mosquito lot.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Does the NoCar family compact permit him to ride home on FT3 nights from private parties and bon fires, hopefully you at least got a loop hole for that one.

    ReplyDelete