Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Post VDay Shout Out!!



If a ride goes off in the forest (on VDay), can anyone hear it? I recieved an early call from Cappy, informing me he was out for the tentative Veteran's Day roll out. This famed loop would have riders traveling CCW (or was it CW) from Pville down thru Cronin's, over to EDH, and back up the RR grade. I couldn't accommodate nor facilitate due to flying solo with one sick child, and another deep in toilet training. If anyone did make that, dare I call it, "epic" ride, please let me know.

I would like to take this belated moment to, once again, thank all our Veterans for their service. Cappy, RG, and all the many men and women who donned the uniform deserve both our gratitude and free beer. While I can't offer this to all the troops, I can do so for our local contingent. That is, provided they are in attendance tonight.

I believe this was a bye week for cross racing, but there may have been some CX action/brawling/training, and any reports would be appreciated.

Oh yeah, it's Tuesday, and there is a light dusting of white on our beloved trails. Updates on conditions from our local spotter/RL/jogger would also prove helpful.

One!


14 comments:

  1. TWO!

    I will definitely contribute to the indulge our veterans with free beer fund.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trails should be fantastic! Those close to the lake were "mostly" clear by Sunday morning. If a group of cyclist were inclined to travel up Barnes Back Mt. it might get mucky with some snow still on the ground. Portions of Flemming will be in tip top shape tonight. I recommend anything that as a letter associated with it...and I know B is always a fan of the Number Letter combo trails! I am tracking some fun Volleyball playoff action and won't be able to ride tonight...funny, as if that is new! But I am planning on Sunday at Lange Twins...I hear C's might be a good race for me! Keep the rubber side down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait, so is the men's basketball team, having defeated every other sports team in the universe, now taking on the women's volleyball team? Or was there some break in after school sporting events that I missed?

      Delete
    2. I can find a school related excuse for every night of the week and season of the year if I really try! The cricket season is just around the corner!

      Delete
  3. Back channel from Xteric, he is working in Red Bluff and is OUT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to add this hilarious video to today's post but my admin privileges have been reduced to post only... either way, here it is and it's totally relevant to Larz' CX comment above, good stuff... please watch

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQbdUMt4N68

    While I would be honored to indulge in the VD beer offering, I will have to take a rain check. I am out tonight because my daughter will be performing in a play (who plan's these plays (vollyball games and basketball games) on Tuesday's anyway???

    Got up to the snow for my second set of turns for the winter season yesterday, could be I am taking a new turn toward the mountains, is there a family season pass at Sierra in the future??

    AND, if anyone is interested NOCAR, B, LARZ (you need a race) I might go race Folsom Rodeocross on Wednesday evening if you want to come out. Even if it is just to heckle and provide beer hand ups.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too will be racing Lange Twins on Sunday. Hopefully this turns into a carpool.
    Will the 'ride down' to Lange Twins happen again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should be a properly muddy cross race. None of the blinding sun and searing heat of the Folsom race.

      Delete
  6. Rain check, originally a new ticket for the make-up game if a baseball game is started but does not reach the point of becoming official; now more generally a metaphoric way to request rescheduling an invitation or an agreement for a merchant to provide to a customer an out-of-stock sale item at a later date

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Under this circumstance, the non-veteran FT3 riders would be the "merchant" and the veteran FT3 riders would be the "customer."

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the VDay callout C-man. I'm out, not feeling so hot and work is like a war zone.

    I think I'm going to apply for a job in the Bolinas surf shop; dang it was nice on the coast this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're u kite surfing in Bowlinas this weekend?

      Delete
    2. Just hanging with the SO and critters. No wind on the coast this weekend. It would have been a good weekend to water ski on the ocean, never seen the Pacific so calm.

      Enjoy the ride.

      Delete