I find it interesting to note that in the 4th bullet point below the author mentions a "6-pak" and mentions those 5 riders other than presumably himself. It is confusing tho to ready his final line thanking B for the write up. Only now as I type this and my explanation of "blog keeper" do I figure out that LOtB was NOT on teh ride and thus not part of that 6-pak, B was.
Who will be in tonight?
PS: below is a post, posted by me, Authored by LOtB but actually written by B - amazing.
Original Post below
We need some sort of ride report, lest our efforts slip quietly into oblivion.
Moments of note that I recall:
- Bambi took a hard impact into a large rock. Bruised and bleeding, he rode on anyway without complaint showing his annealed, hard-ass, FT3 riding style.
- Group consensus was that this was the wettest ride to date that did not take place under precipitating skies. Some even proposed it to be the wettest ride without any such caveat, but Captain and I know better than that.
- NoHandle, who was the Acting Ride Leader, proposed a new addendum to the by-laws. Riders with multiple gears shall not fly off the front on SSFT3 nights. Is it the rider or the bike? Hmmm ...
- We rolled in a respectable 6-pak last night. NoHandle, Captain, Bambi, RG, Xteric and myself comprised the pack.
- NoHandle can probably give a better route description than I
- Brake pressure was at a premium last night, with at least a few riders having a bit of trouble keeping their speed in check at times
Until we ride,
HoBo Ride Callout (added by Cappy - are you confused yet???)
Fall 2014 Edition HoBo/ElDorOdyssey Ride is going down this Saturday, November 29th.
Departure time: 1:30pm at the Mosquito Lot
If you don't know the drill: This is a long ass adventure. If you have not been HoBo Qualified, bring light(s), water (unless you are B, then just bring a tiny bottle), money, (lots of it, unqualified HoBo riders buy Black Butte Porters and Pizza at the Nugget in El Dorado Hills), shit to fix your broken bike and plenty of gear to keep you warm...