Thursday, March 26, 2009

Second Non-Annual Mattman Triathlon

Countdown to Coeur d'Alene: 96 Days

April 11th, 2009
First (only) Wave Starts @ 8:00
Swim: ~45:00 min
Bike: 60+ miles
Run: 13 miles

In preparation of this years IM Coeur d'Alene, I am planning on participating in this years second non-annual Mattman triathlon. This is a very small local triathlon. In fact, I am the lone participant. I feel my chances are really high this year of getting on the podium, especially if I have a good day. I think I might need some assistance to pull off a podium worthy event. In an attempt to capture a podium spot, I am soliciting all possible domestiques!

I will be jumping in the water at Lake Natomas at 8:00 am. Cap'n, up for a swim? The parking lot/staging area will be the parking lot just north and east of the official park entry off of Hazel. I believe this is the entry for the Sac State Aquatic Center. Detailed maps will be forthcoming. I am hopping to met some FT3/LoCo cyclists in the parking lot at about 9:00. This will be the official unveiling of the Velo LoCo skin suit. I know you are all dying to see this...imagine the volumes of material I am offering up on how to make fun of me! The ride will be the basic Folsom Lake Loop: Natomas to Salmon Falls to 49 to Old Forest Hill Rd to Auburn Folsom Rd back to the lake! Anyone willing to do a 13 mile soft pedal can join me for the run! Companionship of the ride would be awesome.

There will be an award ceremony later in the day up at Jack Russell or Chez Barnes. Awards will be three deep in all age groups, I still think I stand a chance! There will be a variety of other awards as well. Most Awards will be offered in fermented liquid form.

Additional Riding Note:
It appears there are takers for a Friday Night MTB outing. I can't make it but have fun. Feel free to plan away using the comment field.

6 comments:

  1. Anyone up for pizza and beers after fridays ride?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lars, I'll be there for the ride portion of of your solo triathalon. Also Kyle, my wife, and I would like to purchase those jerseys from you. Let me know how much. For the two mediums if you have them and one XL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My apologies, LotB (IM extraordinaire). While this Friday's ride may appear as a stealth training opportunity, it was intended for all. Some assumptions were made with regard to Foothillers commuting down to an impromptu MTB outing. Long live the FTTT blog. While I will be "tapering" on the Mattman weekend (in antipation of racing SS in SOC the following weekend), I would be into the soft pedal of your last leg, as well as subsequent festivities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one Medium LoCo Jersey, I will try to bring it for you tomorrow Justin. I will also try to take part in some of the mattman. Maybe I can swim my own distance, do the full ride and run a 5k.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey hold on, I still have jersey's to sell to raise money for Spencer's foundation, no fair snagging my business!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lars, it is the lone left over LoCo jersey from the last order, brand new, it doesn't fit anyone in my family, I am planning to sell it to Ghost and give the money to you for said foundation. Please remind Ghost and I how much they are $50 or $60?

    ReplyDelete