Monday, March 30, 2009

Sunday Ride Report

Glorious, glorious, glorious! How else to you describe a blue bird cool spring day when you are on the bike with some great guys. We conquered the snow route, actually we all survived Patrick's attack of the snow route. It was an impressive display of fitness and stamina! Good on ya!

Patrick, Ian, Rick and I all got off to a pretty timely start for Starbucks. Rolled down to El Dorado found our way down to Shingle Springs and then headed for the LoCo Valley. While dropping into Lotus, Patrick easily took the first sprint by sneaking in behind a horse trailer. There was no catching him. We had a nice pit at the bakery and saw a lot of boaters and no other cyclist...As we took off for Prospector, I was actually feeling ok. We hit the bottom of Prospector all together. Patrick and I were up front and before I knew it...off he went. I just couldn't hang and ended up enjoying the climb with Ian much more than turning myself inside out to stay with flash. I ended up getting a very questionable sprint into Garden Valley, yes I admit it, I attacked while Patrick was boxed in by a truck. Fearing the clean sweep, you would have done the same. Well, I got it handed to me on Garden Valley road. The flash was off again, leaving us all behind licking our wounds. Patrick snagged both Kelsey signs and then topped it off with another impressive climb up 193! Proper, young man, proper.

After my secret training call out, it seems I might need to adjust my secrecy. In the end, the sun was shinning, the roads were smooth, and it is great to be on a bike. Tuesdays outing should be more of the same.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the props Lars. Sometimes you feel good and sometimes that coincides with a call out from your buddies blog. When that happens and the weather is nice, it is sure fun.
    RE any illegal blocking: I didn't see anything. Rural County UCI rules apply

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well - I need to work on those elixars. When your name is only mentioned on the roll out from S-bucks you know it was not a banner day, my one shot at glory with an early roll out down Lotus was eclipsed by NoTacoHandle's draft of the horse trailer. It was a great ride but to salvage a bit of pride I neeed to include an excerpt from the MC ride report on Saturday.

    Josh noted - "ya, you, me and everyone else. lol. BTW, had a great ride yesterday although it looked like Mace Mills turned into a small city over the weekend... so many people it was insane! looked like a enduro was being put on... 3-4 rangers patrolling, some on the east which was closed on mountain bikes we heard, dogs running everywhere, 4 wheelers, and the typical weekend warrior cruising by around the unloading area. Thankfully Rick darted off the trail on a blind left hand just missing a head on at high speed. Could have been ugly... After only 3 rides for the last year he still proves him and his ktm work wonders in the tight stuff... damn he's fast. lol. Rick, is that true you rode AA at one point? That KTM 200 seems to work wonders in the tight stuff but im sure its just the rider right? :) As far as my bike, it feels a lot better on the chop. Still feels a bit stiff to me in the tight stuff but at high speed the suspension really seems to work much better."

    I figured it was just one notch better than bragging up myself, or does this post still qualify as a self promotion. :-)

    Great ride, spring has sprung.

    ReplyDelete