Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Ride #104 - That's two years my friends!

After a long and laborious absence, I am back in the fold tonight! Had to find my light last night, uncover the charger, locate my shoes, and generally put my riding life back together. Kind of took a plunge there post 24hr race. Nothing intended nor poor DTI, just a busy time of year (and yes some running miles) have kept me off the knobby tires and out of the Knot Hole for too long. However, being able to catch the live updates of the Giro in the am and the ToC in the pm have the cycling fire burning bright again.

Sunday saw a good assortment of FT3 out for the KOM of stage one at the ToC. Green Fro, Cap'n and NoHandle all with kids, were sitting right at the KOM line ready to watch. RG and I were about a half mile down the hill hoping to see some suffering and attacking! In all it seems that the 20 seconds of action were worth every minute (hour) spent road side. Too cool to see the best in the world roll through our extended back yard. Watching the recap last night, I caught a brief glimpse of some of the younger FT3 members on the TV. The dad's must have been a step or two back and did not get any coverage.

The Giro has been an interesting race as well this year. Cap'n and I have had our moments discussing the merits of Cadel. I am the first to admit that the reigning world champion did the rainbow jersey proud on Saturday and brought out some of the old Mt. Biking skills to win a true "Hard Man's" stage. I bet he was listening to some classic 80's punk prior to the race.

Cadel Evans Wins Muddy Giro Stage 7 - from Universal Sports - Click here for funny video clips

By the way, this is year two of FT3 rides. Put on your big boy pull up, switch from bottle to a sippy cup, scream when you don't get your way, and enjoy the terrible two's of FT3.

Mosquito @ 5:45...Exit 54?

ONE

Until we ride,
LOtB

9 comments:

  1. Who is bringing the birthday cake?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not that you all already knew but again I am out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am out. Two night meetings this week and a funeral friday. An Auburn friend's wife lost her battle with Cancer this past weekend. Her photo was up on memory lane at the 24, first one on the left. I wondered why as she was still alive then but fighting hard.

    Thanks to all for doing the 24 hour race against cancer.

    On a lighter note, the Cadel viddy is super sweet. Enjoy the ride. I did ride at lunch and am eyeing the Auburn Crit. Others?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am watching the live feed of the tour...work? what is the work you talk of?

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://tracker.amgentourofcalifornia.com/

    ReplyDelete