Tuesday, July 28, 2009

FT3 Rolls Along

Not much of a turn out last week. I believe that B and Bambi were the only two to roll out. However, they did roll out, thus continuing the FT3 tradition and practice of a Tuesday ride. Some weeks have a larger turn out, but all weeks, all Tuesdays, are FT3 Nights! We, or some semblance of us, will always be there, waiting for you to return and ride again. Who am I kidding, most likely B will be there waiting for all of us to show up! Spot on mate, whenever we get around to an award ceremony, consistency is all yours. But that is the great thing about tradition and practice, when you can't show, we still go, but when you can show, you know that you have a group. So who will it be tonight? I guess it doesn't really matter because, someone will be there, someone will keep tradition alive, someone will be there waiting whenever you make it again.

I have tried twice to cut a paste a few reports but for some reason it just isn't working. So allow me to summarize, no there it too much, I will sum up.

Twilight Crit:
As Ghost put it, "a learning experience". Lots of fast racing, some mechanical frustrations, and folks unwilling to pull...sounds like a bike race. The good news for Ghost in regards to crit racing, no crashes and he will race again.

PBR softball:
I think it is, without debate, well known that the FT3 crew is in pretty good shape. As John Kruk pointed out years back, fitness and baseball don't always have much to do with each other. Team PBR will try to shed some of it fitness and regroup for the fall league.

Mosquito 5:45...Exit 54?

One

Until we ride again,
LOtB

8 comments:

  1. Time to see if MY motor still works...

    Three!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn. In spite of my efforts to bring the bike and charge the light it looks like I will be out. Kids are throwing up all over my house and the wife feels queezy. In my honor you should ride up B is for Barf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Five! and I think VD will be there as well. PBR and Tacos are a much needed thing the way the past couple work days have gone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with cappy on B is for Barf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still embroiled in work related drama. Out for tonight. Sorry to have spammed the group with obscure acronyms last night. Despite efforts by the IT overlords to reprogramme my vocabulary, the only acronyms worth anything are those on this blog: FT3, PBR, SSFT3, MTB, etc. Good news, on the mechanical front, I've successfully outfitted the Colonel with gears. Well, at least 9 for now. Reversing B's update to the squishy net bike, I opted for some additional rings for climbing. Since FT3 is synonomous with elevation, I felt this would extend the range of this sled. Rest assured, I will HTFU and pull out the ol Bianchi for SSFT3. Enjoy the somewhat cooler temps and even colder PBR's. Salute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The double assult on my cycling life from the real world leaves me w/only excuses and next week I am at a family f'ing reunion.
    Some day soon I'll make it out, no doubt!
    If you guys ever need an good electrician, I know one. Ghost, hope the work at my place on Sunday didn't set you back in your real job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. B's comment is almost as bad as VD's member photo.

    ReplyDelete