Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Hot and Dusty!

Haven't been on the trails for a week, but I am going out on a limb and saying it is going to be hot, dusty, and hot. Wait I said "hot" twice...that wasn't enough, how about this: hot, hot, hot, really hot, stupidly insultingly hot! Yeah, that's better. Our weather gauge has hit 105 or better for six days and running. That all being said, I think I am out for tonight, even though the post ride lake swim sounds perfect. It seems that the heat is taking a toll on other members of the Barnes family. I will leave myself open for ridicule and insult, but the wrath of a hot pregnant wife is worse than anything you guys can throw my way. Campers and road trippers are all back in town.

Ghost, got a race report for us...If memory serves, the Twilight Crit was on Sat. I can not find complete results yet on-line. If his riding of late is any indicator, I am sure he tore up those spuds and laid the hurt on some folks.

Not much to report from last weekend. Cap'n and I rolled a lunch ride yesterday. I don't know how he went back into an office post ride. I sat on a sprinkler for about an hour to cool down.

Cross season is right around the corner. If you didn't get the email here is the tentative calendar for the SacCX series. Looks like we are still planning a early Dec trip to Portland for the Crank Bros throw down. Finally, seeing how this group tends to plan things up fast, keep the date of DECEMBER 20 open. Its my birthday, a local cross race, close to the holidays, and totally in need of a party post race!

Sun. Sept 27
Sun. Oct. 18
Sun. Nov. 22
Sun. Dec. 20
Sat. Jan. 16

Last notes:
NoHandle is moving...up in the world or just to a new home, no one knows. But apparently even with two super strong sons, he has asked for bit of help. Aug 8th is the date and there has been an offer of one beer per item moved...I call the junk drawer!

Team PBR suffered a communication breakdown last week and therefore is without a softball update for this week. Looks like it is a double header this week with two games Wed and Thurs.

Cap'n is tapping into the philanthropic side of FT3 and doing the MS150 soon. Solid day on the bike and an even more solid effort for a cause...check with him for details.

Tour...haven't gotten my fix yet today, but that guy from Spain sure can go up hill like a bat out of hell.

Until we ride again,

Zero

LOtB

8 comments:

  1. Lars, thanks for the moving help call out - it is all true. Much appreciated. On that note, I'll have to bail tonight. I've got much to do and little time to do it. I'll try to ride my bike again before the end of the summer, but my summer taper did not go as gradually as I had hoped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of b-days and cross. Sunday Oct 18th is mine. What a way to spend a b-day. I guess the Pony Express Crawl will have to wait for another day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. VD is not positive......that he is going to make it. If I see a few more people heading up I may definitely join in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, back to b-days and cross, Sept 21 is mine and the 27th is close to that, so let's make it a three peat on the cross racing/b-day parties!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not out of the office until like 5:30. Where and when are you guys meeting? Any ideas on the route tonight and if I join hope you don't mind waiting for VD to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If anyone wants to call to check to see where I am or if I am arriving....530.391.5343

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carnage on lake loop! Via knot hole news bulletin: Today some guy decided (willingly or unwillingly is yet to be decided) took a header off the back side (assuming by one of the cliff side cruxes). Just prior to this header he also decided to take off his helmet. An ill timed move it turns out. Guy landed on his noggin and died! Let me know if you can confirm or deny such an event.

    ReplyDelete