Friday, May 15, 2009

Ctrl, Alt, Delete, on the DTI

Friends, Countrymen, Romans, lend me you ear.
I come to bury the "DTI", not praise it.
The evil that men do lives after them, the good is oft interred with their bones...

The roll of nurse is not one of my strong suites. However, that is indeed where I found myself for many a day this week. The damage to the DTI was substantial. Imagine Nurse Ratchet caring for a sick pregnant wife and daughter...In the end I think I was the cuckoo flying over the nest! I do believe that everyone is on the mend and feeling better. DTI repairs are in place, lots of work with the vacuum and dish soap. To the point, I actually made it out on an evening ride with B last night. There was much discussion around the "hammer crank". Additionally, to find more power output for B's never ending supply of leg smashing we discussed the next revolution in cycling. Much like the move to 29er's in Mt. Biking, B will be developing the first 800 road wheel, once it gets going LOOK OUT!

Ride Report:
Rock God, Councilman, B, NoHandle, In-Law, and Ghostrider all made it out for the Anniversary ride. I still can't believe I missed this one, had I known that the DTI was tanking anyway I would have shown. Rumor has it that the call out for Spinnaker Jersey's resulted in a colorful crew, pictures anyone? B apparently took the hammer drill to his gear prior to the discussion of a hammer crank. The first, actually the entire ride, sounds like it had it fair share of mechanicals and bike swaps. Rock God, after complaining about poor form in recent weeks appears to have ridden himself back into action and was pushing the pace up front, there were some hints that the frequent stops were "harshing his mellow" (sorry, had to throw that in!). Anyway, glad to see the legs are back and some folks are still up front pushing the pace...all I can say is that you guys are lucky I wasn't in attendance or else Lar's IM training plan rule #48 may have been instated. Rounding out over 17 miles actually seems like a good effort, spot on mates!

There was apparently another push for the record by B during the Taco portion of the night. A late delivery of the tacos and poor food to beverage management hindered the attempt. He lives to fight another day. The Boa Vista sauces seem to be making a good showing and got several mentions in the emails I received.

I apologize about the delay in posting but think I have weathered the storm. Time to get wheels down and rolling again. Five weeks to IM!

Rides:
Sunday meeting at 7:30 at Starbucks.
May 31st Wentworth Loop.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back Lars. Good to see that you have not lost site of the most important people in your life (no, not us bike freaks), and that all are on the mend. See ya Sunday
    Two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not know I had a mellow to harsh. :-)

    For the record, during the pauses off the front, I spent all the time checking inventory for my tow strap, safety wire, pump and matches - I could not figure out what they were doing back there for so long.

    Three!

    ReplyDelete