Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Ride Report and My Next Adventure!

Ride #54 is in the book and gets at least an "Ep" in the "Epic" scale. In-Law, Ghostrider, Rock God, Cap'n and I all headed out onto the trails in prompt time and under very warm conditions. The ride was a mix of Road Kill, some of Flemming, a turn up Rufus' Rage, Left Lip, Lake Loop, Rock Garden and Rock Garden 1a. I felt pretty sluggish smashing the gear on the Mt. Tek. However, the speed was pretty consistent and stops were few and far between. It was a remarkably clean ride with no mechanicals, flats, lost riders, non working lights, etc. The camp grounds are filling up and should be a constant source of entertainment for the next several months. Quote of the ride: Two of Pollocks finest youths pulled into the new parking lot with BMX bikes in the back of pickup. After say, "cool cameras" mistaking our lights for cameras (which I might add would be cool if we were all running cameras) they then asked, "where is the ramp"? Apparently we appeared to them to be a BIG AIR crew looking for some hang time. Rock God was willing to air it our for them, but Rufus' Rage was calling and up we went. Great ride all around, no sighting of either Peter PP or Wolf!

Taco report:

Temps were still pretty warm for tacos and with the longish ride put us in behind the crowd. Tacos and beer all tasted a bit better after a issueless ride. B and Booker showed for the Taco festivities after...you guessed it getting back from a ski trip. Apparently there are pics coming from B of a bike outing he took with skis strapped on his bike, did you use zip ties?

While eating and drinking I began to ponder what I would set my mind to after Ironman was over. I mentioned a few options, including competitive wife carrying. Cap' n wished to see this event in action to wrap his mind around the event, enjoy the clip. My motivation comes from winning your wife's weight in Beer!

Sundays ride will depart from Starbucks on Main Street at 6:30! Rock God is thinking about back tracking later in the morning...I think he should do it! Cap'n is considering pulling the kids in the trailer and trail-a-bike...Spot on Mate!

I am still working on a workable date for the FT3 Cookout! More news to follow!

Until we ride again,
LOtB

2 comments:

  1. I'm still considering the man full ride on Sunday. How many miles is it. Can we shorten it by a few? Rock God, how about parking your car in G-town for the backwards ride from there and I'll catch a ride home w/you from there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha! Melissa has promised me a big payday if I can carry her (in her present state) to the end of the driveway. Let the training begin...

    ReplyDelete