Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Recharging the battery!

Ride #54

I know it is somewhat unique to those of us still on the school calendar. But for me this weekend marked a huge point on the calendar of life. Through yet another school year and now moving toward a period to revitalize and recharge the professional battery to welcome the next group to school. Memorial Day weekend shares a similar feeling for many as we move towards the next season and warm, wait who am I kidding, HOT weather. With that in mind, we still have a few more weeks of the El Dorado season of perfection, nothing like some perfect riding weather to get the amps up in the ol internal battery.

It does not sound like anyone fired off a group ride on Sunday. There were some solo efforts, but we will regroup for a good effort next Sunday! I hope everyone enjoyed the long weekend and put in good deposits on the DTI. Personally, I took advantage of having my dad in town and wrestled with a rototiller over the weekend finishing our garden area and making things look nice. Hopefully I will get a few weeks of DTI coverage from a big weekend effort. In addition I think I can "maintain" the landscaping now with much less time committed, bring on the riding...who am I kidding, I always welcome the long rides!

Tonight's ride will be joined by comfortable temps and manageable dust conditions. Don't you remember when snow plagued our rides and you were packing up all the riding gear you could find?

Big Waves:
We will all get to say we knew him when...Sam Bolster had a big weekend on the bike. He raced two different Cat's at the Auburn Crit. He started the day with a victory in the 3's and then followed that up with a 2nd in the Jr. race! Good to see him getting some results from his efforts! Way to go Sam!!!

Upcoming Rides:
Tonight: FT3 Ride #54
Sunday 31st: Wentworth Springs Ride - Depart Starbucks @ 6:30 - It's early but it's a long ride!
Monday: Something with climbing if anyone is interested.
25 Days to IM CDA!!!!!

Events:
Would June 12th work for the 2nd Annual FT3 COOKOUT? Patrick hosted last years event and it was a blast. April and I would like to host this years festivities, open to all spouses and families. This is a Friday evening and we would fire up the grill and get the sprinklers and trampoline going for the kids. Let me know if the date works well and I will get the plans firmed up.

5:45 Mosquito...Exit 54?

Until we ride again,
LOtB

3 comments:

  1. TWO!!!!

    I can't do the 13th, I have to be at a graduation party for my cousin that day. Matt I am glad you are getting to recharge your battery. The rest of us will just man up hard as hell and keep the battery going year round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THREE!

    I think Friday is the 12th, my last day of work until late August. It will be my official kick-off party, count me in. :-)

    Had a good century (88 miles of it, did a voluntary turn off to Dad's house just off the route). The scenery up there is spectacular this time of year.

    Not sure I have the legs for 120 miles of climbing on Sunday, will look at cut-off options.

    Bike stand is available.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blog has been slightly changed. I was off on my dates, we are looking at Friday the 12th for the FT3 Cookout! I had originally put the 13th. Sorry if I confused anyone.

    ReplyDelete