Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Great Recovery

Sorry for my tardiness in posting. Seems that the demons of productivity have attacked this week and time is sparse for duties regarding FT3. However, even with sparse availability of time, I was still able to make Tuesday's ride. Joined by Bambi, Xterric, and NoHandle, the four of us hit the trails in light rain and pleasant temps. What was worried to be a mud and rain fest actually turned into to a pretty nice evening without too much rain. Many were drained from weekend adventures, and FT3 actually served as a bit of a recovery ride. We hit the Flemming loop and rounded it off with Palins Plunge and the Lack of Fall Line trail down to the spill way. There was much talk of new bikes and the pace was down right friendly, thank god! Any time the trail even hinted at an uphill my legs screamed a cry the could take the paint off an old barn! As for new bikes, it is good to see the FT3 stimulus package still rolling.

Tacos filled the caloric quota and and no rye was ordered. In all honesty I think I fell asleep twice while at the table! There is a clear need for some down time prior to Saturday's main event! The FT3 train keeps on rolling even on days of slow pace and good rest!

Saturday is the final installment of the Sacramento CX series and may be the focus of weekend riding for some of us. Is there anyone looking at a Sunday ride?

Until we ride,
LOtB

1 comment:

  1. No ride for me on Sunday.

    As far a Saturday goes I am not interested in the pizza party in downtown. Anyone else coming back up the hill after the race?

    No Handle, if I can get clearence I may be interested doing some bike shop trolling.

    ReplyDelete