Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Variety: The Spice of Life!

Some came with rollers, some with trainers, some on fixies, some on CX bikes a one on a road set up. There was cotton shirts, muscle t's and even the busting of bibs with nothing else. But all that attended rolled. Bambi, Green Fro, Councilman (our gracious host), and I all made it for the riding portion of last ni....wait I almost forgot...there was an apparition in the room with us, yes my friends, I SAW A GHOST! For those unable to attend, I am happy to report that Ghostrider made a glorious return, and I am not kidding when I say glorious. Ghost emerged from the darkness armed with a straight barred and brakeless Langster ready to rip on Rollers! This was a sight to be seen! And Ghost, true to form, did not disappoint, teaching those rollers who was boss! Word around the man cave was that most of the work on the new home is done and we may see our long lost friend a bit more. Rock God showed for food and although we were awaiting an equal food showing by B and Cap'n it seems the abyss of snowboard split-kit geekdom had them firmly held in its grip. There had better be good photos from Fridays outing in the POW!

The indoor cycling session was as fun as an indoor cycling session could be. After a few video mishaps, we all enjoyed 24 Solo and I personally felt like Craig Gordon's acute renal failure showed a side of HTFU that I am not sure is attainable by anyone else. For the 24 of Cool I think I will strive for acute toe nail failure, I like to keep my kidneys functional. We rolled for about 90 minutes and then decided it was time to eat! It was fun to see the guys on the rollers getting a bit "dodgy" during the exciting moments in the movie. Green Fro attacked on several occasions, I think he did avoid any major head injuries!

Councilman prepared a spread fit for kings! Much thanks and appreciation for your hospitality! With legs tired and bellies full we turned our attention to the kits. Consensus was reached and details are too many to list, in the end, I think we are on the move and will be racing as FT3 soon.

I enjoyed the break from the norm and as the laundry machines are already working overtime in our household, the break from mud and grit was welcome. We will hit it again soon enough.

100 days until Cool 24!

Until we ride,
LOtB

3 comments:

  1. If a lonely single speeder would attempt another go at a solo 8 hour at cool. Would it be possible for a tent space?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn, my trainer was in the trunk, I had the motivation and a mean garlic chili sauce.
    Alas, the BlogOsphere is locked down at work.

    maybe next time, as long as the invite is open.

    Cheers,

    C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good night indeed. My apologies for the technical difficulties. I believe Ghost is correct in that the bulb is dying/dead. I will replace before the next man cave event.

    Cheers to all for dropping in!

    ReplyDelete