Monday, February 1, 2010

In the end, it all comes back to the bike!

As we get back to our roots, we also begin to tune the machine for the coming races of spring. Tomorrow, at our regular meeting time, we may very well be looking at each other under some natural light, which only means it is a matter of weeks before the lights play less of a role for the Tuesday ride. Although winter is far from gone, spring is starting to warm up back stage getting ready to jump on the scene. January was a tough month for FT3. Weather, holidays, other commitments have all forced some of us away from the brotherhood. Now, in this month of love, it is time to rekindle the fire and get those engines running warm. We will see you all tomorrow for a SSFT3.

Mosquitto @ 5:45...Exit 54?

Weekend Recap:I don't mean to gloat, but I had a freakin awesome weekend. The weekend started off with a spectacular day in the backcountry with Cap'n and B. We took down Waterhouse off of Luther Pass. The snow was beyond perfect! It was Cap'n's inaugural ride on the split board and he did it proud. The climb took a very FT3 style direct approach. The fun came in the descent and whoops and hoots could be heard from the trees all the way down. Perfect day of POW with the FT3 boys.I followed the perfect ski day with a equally perfect long outing on the Sunday ride. Pierre, Bambi, RockGod and I all met up and decided a south county loop was in the air. We headed out Union Mine Rd to 49. I got and early jump and took the county line into Amador Co. We headed west in Plymouth and started seeing more cyclists on the road heading down to Latrobe. We headed north back up to El Dorado Hills. Pierre jumped on a super early, yet full tilt attack back for the El Dorado Co. line. The chase was full on, as all of us charged for the line. We narrowly avoided death from an SUV that decided to get in the mix. After the vehicular brush back, we got back to the charge, Pierre took one last flyer, I was stuck on his wheel and able to get around, sign in sight when, whoosh, there goes RockGod for the line. As we started heading back on Brandon Rd. we made a Ghost sighting as he and Who's Tyler were riding with Ghost's inlaw word has it that he may show for SSFT3. We headed back into town having done some good weekend work on the bikes.

24 Hour Update:
Team one is in...thanks to Cap'n, we will have at least one FT3 team representing. Ghost has expressed some interest in doing the 8hr Solo. Utah is also coming back back to town for the race...we will see if he can better the 4 hour performance. The big, yet to be answered question is, Team 2?!?!?!?! Let's go and take over this race...

Until We Ride,
LOtB

7 comments:

  1. Two!

    I'll have the Jersey on hand template for final approval.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three!

    E-54 pick up requested.

    Less gears, more beers, and final approval on the jersey; this is shaping up to be a good tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cinco!

    I am IN! I have e-tape at the ready for the ceremonial single speed conversion.

    Looking forward to this one, I am sporting a hefty craving for PBR and tacos, not to mention a low blood-hot sauce ratio.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in. Six.
    Also, I'm meeting up w/you all at Mosquito today as I have to stop by the Spoke to confirm something there. This 24hrFT3-1 team could shape up to be 3/4 specialized - weird.
    B-let me know if you want a pick-up somewhere near forni/Mo-flat I may be able to make that happen too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi again guys - I sure hope I can come out and ride with you tonight, its just that i've been so busy... my s/s bike is broke... its cold outside... my legs are sore... i have a cold and my dti...

    seven?

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, well... it's actually just a cold SORE, but it still sucks...Peter

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh, the return of a stronger, bolder FT3. Backcountry outings, new gear (snow and dirt), and a renewed interest in tacos and beer. Alas, I am mired in the fallout of rather lengthy and painful "organizational realignment". You got it, the economic downturn, and could we simply call it what it is?, has finally hit my little company. I have dodged the bullet, for now, but others were not so lucky. Add to that some highly visible customer issues with a certain telcom provider, and I pulled another all-nighter last evening. To that end, I am going home to sleep, and to dream of jumping back on my ridiculously priced steed and threading the trees in pursuit of tacos. Enjoy, and thank the lucky stars you are gainfully employed. Peace!

    ReplyDelete