Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Dreaming of Riding

There was an epic battle raging in El Dorado County last night. On one side, the Tuesday FT3 ride was pulling riders to the hills and on the other the DTI was equally working to keep riders home. The fighting was fierce and the losses were many. The mighty and brave did make it out for an FT3 ride, the wounded were able to roll, and the causalities probably boosted the DTI with a night at home.

Feel free to start throwing the HTFU calls. The three kid situation is killing my late night outings. Sleep has been a lost art in our household and there is a game of late night bed switching that is driving me crazy. In my haze of wakefulness yesterday I came across an article supporting co-sleeping until age 5. I am thinking about putting a bed in the shed and bedding down there, just me and my bikes!

As for last nights roll, I believe NoCar and NoHandle were met at the Knot by B who was heading west away from the POW. No real report on the ride, other than that NoHandle enjoyed the day on the new bike. Cap'n made the wounded road ride up the hill for Tacos and met Ghostrider up there as well. I made some quick check in rounds on the CX bike in town prior to falling asleep at about 8:00.

Hey, lets remember to keep the rubber side down.


Until we ride,
LOtB

8 comments:

  1. And Xterric was on the Spot, if you know what I mean.
    New bike is dreamy. And I almost got "skunked" last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not alone in the kids/musical beds routine. 3, 4, 5 and 6 a.m.
    Thanks for the sufferfest ride a few frigid Sundays ago. Hope to ride with you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hat's off to the HTFU'ers. I got on the trainer Tuesday, with Larz witnessing the post 'ride' red meat replenishment session. Debbie is on the second day of bed rest, w/lite Jersey edits thrown in. I know, the deadline is looming.

    Today is a rest day with the road bike getting a tune up at The Spoke; work is getting increasingly busy, we'll see if I can juggle as well as my much admired FT3 team mates.

    It breaks my heart to miss the upcoming FT3 Valentines Massacre, I'll be racing in Timbuktu - somewhere near Fresno.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Important Announcement: Jersey Fittings and orders will commence next week. I've got size and generic item samples being shipped. I want people to try on the sizing and commit to Jersey purchases; timely deposits would be appreciated as well. I'll send out an email to confirm arrival and logistics.

    BTW - That video was radical, you notice that it was the top guys in the World Cup doing cart wheels and resuming with the attack, great example of HTFU. Maybe one of these days we'll get real cross race conditions out here in NorCal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't comment on how well No Handle's sweet new bike rides. I can however attest to it's incredible braking prowess. Way to lock'em up and not get sprayed by your new black and white buddy! I think I may have recieved some overspray myself if you had hit him. What's the Valentine's Massacre Rock God mentioned? Team 2 is still a dream! Anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Damn, I missed another eventful ft3. The Valentines day massacre is PL's early Sun callout in the dirt (believe it was an email). As for team 2, i'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anyone up for Saturday a.m. ride?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cameron - I will be riding on saturday from Foresthill to Pville. The route is Foresthill Road to Old Foresthill Road to 49 to 193 to Georgetown, past G-town to Rock Creek Road, to Mosquito Rd and up into Pville. Feel free to ride it backwards if you have a window in the afternoon, I will be leaving Foresthill around 1:00pm and expect to be back in Pville before 5pm...

    Team 2 sounds like it might only include two riders.

    ReplyDelete