Saturday, February 6, 2010

Happy Valley Cyclocross on Rain Delay

With pitchers and catchers reporting in two weeks, it is time to bring back the art of the rain delay. FT3 had planned an epic CX adventure for Sunday. However, it appears group consensus is not to go out and get hammered by the weather while we pick our way through an unknown route. Call me crazy but this may be the most mature decision this group has ever made. I remember a race a few months back that I am still finding grit and grime from...anyone else remember that event? I think the photo is Cap'n but who knows!
The route is up for debate...anyone got a good idea?

Tentative meeting time is 8:00 at the Bagel Shop! (Zia's never came through the the art work for us and isn't even open early on Sunday...bummer)

The kits have reached approval by a quorum vote and our team artist is finalizing the artwork. We are going to be tight on the turnaround from the 24 Cool race. I am thinking a nice thank you gift is going to be in order here when this project is done.

Until we ride,
LOtB

2 comments:

  1. Xteric is in. I am not sure about the format. Road, cross, both? I just don't know which super sweet tires I should rock in the morning.



    P.S. Auburn sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zia's is excited about supporting you guys! Sorry - but an email glitch slowed down my receipt of the email, but we've gotten the artwork to your designer now and working with her. As far as Sunday morning...if you can help drum up the biz on Sunday morning, then we could afford to open earlier! Maybe when the weather turns, we can do it! Happy riding guys!
    Ciao!

    Zia

    ReplyDelete