Monday, February 8, 2010

Super showing on a super day!

While the rest of the country was settling in for a day of glutenous eating and drinking, FT3 rolled out strong despite of some crummy weather! There were a handful of faces that had not been in the fold for awhile as well. RockGod, NoHandle, Xteric, Ghost, InLaw, Who's Tyler, VD and I made up the group for the soggy roll, great to see FT3 gaining numbers again, spring must be getting close. Who's Tyler stated that the Folsom weather was better, so downhill was the call. Hitting our new favorite road, we headed down Old French Creek to Frenchtown Road to Brandon. We had a series of attacks heading towards S. Shingle, with RockGod stamping his seal of approval on the last kick of the climb out of Brandon. From S. Shingle we cut through a new route for me. It was like Greenstone on 'roids, or as Xteric stated, everyone owned thier own little Greenstone Country. 5000+ square feet of living space would hold a lot of bikes, but outside of that, I am not sure what I would do with that much house?!?!?! From Latrobe, we had had a spirited effort back in to El Dorado Hills. Rock and NoHandle got away on the little climb. I thought Ghost and I would make the bridge, but a chain mishap on the RockLobster left me stuck in the middle alone. I stamped it down to make the bridge and ensured my demise later in the day. From EDH, the group split with various speeds heading back up hill. The route did open up some better weather and we were able to ride most of the day on dry roads with no rain. The ride back was, well it was a sufferfest for me. Word has it that NoHandle was attacking at every opportunity. A 12 year old on a fixie could have taken me. We split again coming into town. At 4+ hours and the DTI dropping through the floor, RockGod and I split up from NoHandle and headed home, Xteric never caught up on the bike trail, hope he made it ok :-)

Zia's is now our second sponsor to post on the blog (check comments in the rain delay post). We had better be careful or else we will be a legit racing team before we know it. We did get a call out on Deer Valley from one of our rival CX teams. Looks like we are making a name for ourselves, Spot On Mates. We will discuss Sunday morning meeting location on Tuesday.

Team Two: The Golden Spoke is holding my new ride for me, yes you got it, I have a bike on lay away, I am just waiting for the blue light special. NoHandles ride should be in soon, keep your eyes peeled on Tuesday for a new carbon 9er. Trevor is getting fired up about being a team wrench at the 24 hour race. Ghost and Utah are both set to go solo 8hr and Team One is in...Team Two, we got to get this one this year.

Rest assured, I got in my share of gluttony and football watching! Go Packers!

Until we ride,
LOtB

3 comments:

  1. Good ride. You forgot to mention that I almost took RockGod out of commission with my runaway water bottle...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Xteric did make it back. After a much needed store stop I ingested a Clif bar and dose of pride soup. Luckily at the bike trail head I met up with one of Lars students. Just for fun I will call him "Sam". Sam seemed to know his way around a road bike so I let him tow me back into to town. All I can say is "hail to El Dorado" and sweet ride guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds reminiscent of Super Bowl Sunday 1998...that backside at Northstar was poppin' Stoked to see the crew logging big miles. You boys are gonna crush the 24hr.

    ReplyDelete