Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Co-opting, back channeling coup!

It happened again, the back channel discussion leaps up earlier and earlier these days. As this is a big birthday day in our house this will be brief and get to the point:

1) Only three days in and this years Tour de France is fantastic!
2) How is it that the World Cup Final is appearing to be a Euro match-up again?
3) It is the first Tuesday of July...and as discussed for the run up to CX season we will define SSFT3 as Freestyle FT3...Bring your CX your SS your Cruiser or Fixie...whatever you think will get you ready for CX!

Out for birthday and dad duties.

Mosquito at 5:45...Exit 54?

Until we Ride:
LOtB

8 comments:

  1. One, reporting in front channel style.
    I'll be on CX for the record.

    ReplyDelete
  2. three. i'll roll CX from p-ville.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was my plan. Are you interested in a pre-ride ride?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever. I was planning on a leisurely pace, leaving just enough time for a post-pre-ride pbr.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm dealing w/some serious emergencies at work but still plan to ride. If for some reason that falls apart in the next little while, I'll drive up to roll you brothas home via truck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't make it tonight, have fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm out, work duties tonight; getting ready for vacation next week.

    I did represent FT3 at Pollywood yesterday. On the recently 'cleared' Fleming Forest loop, I spotted TWO mountain lions, I came right up on them riding the trail (alone of course - doh). It looked like two juvenile's about 1/2 size. I stopped to look and confirm and then decided that was not a good idea since I had one above and one below and thought Mom may still be near by. I accelerated mightily to make some space and then flatted just as I was catching another rider. I turns out it was Rich who works with Barrett at the USFS, he had spotted one of the two just before me. After a boot and tube insert Rich and I were rolling and finished off Fleming. I continued around the lake solo and took a swim, then ran into Xterric just before leaving.

    The race was way hard, pot holes, loose gravel, tough unknown climbs. I was very disappointed, placed 11th just out of the points, but my teammate Todd got 2nd; he's a motor. I missed the main cut for the lead group on the big 4 mile climb by 30 seconds, that's all it took. I then ran out of gas and will in the group sprinting for 6th, lots of lessons learned to say the least.

    ReplyDelete