Tuesday, September 25, 2012

CX #1 Race Report and Happy Tuesday

Hello FT3ers - So I figured you deserve to be updated on what you missed last Sunday while you were not racing at the 2012 Sacramento CX Race #1. The first hing you missed was young Gen 2 rider, Colin taking a clean second in the kids race behind a you man on a downsized cross bike with the last name Myrah. Young Colin was racing a single speed, so that would be him first in the single speed category. Check out the style over the barriers!
Nice work young man. Just like your pops.

The Mens 35+ A race was a relatively stacked field of ten. I lined up on the front for my shot at the dry and technical course that included a climb that just got steeper and steeper every lap.

My FT3 climbing legs proved worthy, as I was able to ride the climb every lap. In fact, by around lap three when I was riding, er hanging on for dear life, to a position just below 6th where I would later finish, I decided the race was between me and the hill, I disregarded my competitors,  I just wanted to ride that climb every lap. In fact, I was basically recovering from the climb the remainder of the lap, every lap. It until lap 8 of 9 that the A's started lapping me. And it wasn't until the second half of the last lap the the legendary Don Myrah lapped me. I managed to stay close to him to the finish line, which was an accomplishment in and of itself. My lungs burned, me legs ached. It was a good start to the season. Now if I can only stay motivated through December. 

Other FT3 riders appear to be targeting some CX this season. R.G. is secret training and won't sell me his tubular wheelset. Lars teased me that he would go this Sunday and bailed last minute by saying "I have several on the calendar." Green Fro will be getting his cross on soon. And others??

In case you missed it I recently sent out the 1 year in advance callout for my 40th birthday in Vegas next year. This trip will feature the Cross Vegas Race, Interbike annual bicycle industry show and ???? Who's in??? September 18 - 20th, 2013. Let's roll. 



I am out tonight due to soccer. Have fun.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recap on the CX events Captain. Las Vegas CX 2013 sounds like fun but I have no idea what will be going on then. As for tonight, I bet it'll be another great Tuesday ride.

    Two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "exposed the unholy trinity that was my cog/ring/chain"

    Classic, B. It seems every time we read a scripture from your Good Book, it includes reference to annihilation. Your Sampson-like stumps are destroying every steed you mount. Perhaps you should John RG on the trials circuit.

    I'm out with mechanicals and illness. Good Tuesday to all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to add that this weekend you have as yet another opportunity to view the Band As Yet Untitled in it's prior form, with the drummer Cap'n sitting at the helm, driving the ship as it were, as I come from retirement a second time to play the epic "Sliders and Suds" festival at Fremont Park in downtown Sacramento 2:30 - 4:00pm this Saturday 9/29. That's a.k.a. Beer and Burgers for you Americans.

    www.sacramentoslidersandsuds.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Captn, I thought you were going to ride lead the 49, cronan, salmon falls, rail road track ride this Saturday at 3PM. I'm out for this Saturday.

      Delete
    2. I am unable to ride lead that ride and since XTeric couldn't make it and he really wanted to go I think that is just as well anyway.

      Delete
  4. Hey B, let me know if you want me to shuttle you. It may be a little tight in my small car with 2 bikes and Long Dog but I can make it work. If Xteric is in we could possibly ride-pool with him. You can reach me via back channel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm out tonight, working in Big Bear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will there be Gen 2 sizes in the kit order?

    ReplyDelete