Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Two Course Tuesday

"What? No!" NoHandle exclaimed as he rifled through his bike bag. But, no amount of searching would locate the shoe that he had left at home. With a promise to return in forty five minutes he sped off. The rest of us finished prepping and followed Unknown Local to the Qualifier start as he wanted to share some new trails. We followed the road high and to the left of Qualifier proper, began the descent from the five way intersection at the saddle, then dropped a fire line passing burnt out stumps on the trail dubbed Flame Out. We then road the Last Boy Scout, looped the little interpretive trail and followed the lake back to the Knott, where THTH arrived a moment later.  

Having missed the appetizer ride, NoHandle claimed RideLeader for the main course. Out the back, horse trail, up the dam, to Fleming loop, with a Palin finish. Everyone was ride satisfied, and wanted to get back a little early, so we skipped swimming, and took a seat at the beer end of the empty bar. Xteric and I brought offerings, so mediocre tacos had some fresh zing.

ANNOUNCEMENTS

Kit Orders: Who wants shorts, bibs, jerseys, or long sleeve jerseys? Tell Rock God now or you will be miss the boat.

Sacraments: The faithful are encouraged to meet for worship of Our Lady of the Skinny Tire. Services will begin at 8:00 at the bagel shop.
 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the write up Nocar. I too will try to make the Skinny Sunday ride. You can count me in for shorts and a short sleeve jersey. Is there a back channel that I missed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much for shorts and a sweet ft3 jersey? Funds permitting I would be in for an order.

    Soon I'll have a new brake line for my ride and can join in for some festive rides!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do we have a mock up of what the Jersey will look like? I have to secure funds and will look into that asap. Went down real hard in my race on Wednesday, broke my helmet in five places and ripped my rear brake line. Working in replacing parts but nobody has hope parts.body really bruised and trashed, planning on having my steed ready for Tuesday...

    ReplyDelete
  4. will do. Hey anybody have a good recommendation for a new helmet. Looking at Giry Athlon but not too sure. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

    ReplyDelete