Saturday, April 11, 2009

H.T.F.U!


It is good to know that FT3 has friends far and wide. Early in the week when I was complaining about being wet and cold, I got some sound advise from a FT3 follower in Seattle. Justin (angleman.net link off to the right) told me to get a fender and HTFU. What the hell does HTFU mean? Well a quick check of the email indicated that Justin had sent a link with the new FT3 mantra. So today for the Mattman, when things got hard, the rash from the wet suite was raw, the stomach was upset, or I was cold, you got it, I just took the time to HTFU! More on the Mattman to follow! You need to ask yourself one question: Are you ready to HTFU? As we go into the next week of training and you are trying to decide between Tuesday night or PCRS, I saw HTFU and do both. If the family commitment is such that you have to train early, well HTFU and get it done. There was a new tradition established for S2FT3 that required proper "hydration" prior to riding, I saw we all HTFU and commit this tradition on all FT3 rides! On that midnight lap at the Cool 24, HTFU and remember you are racing! If you can't tell, I am a big fan of HTFU, thanks Justin, we will get some mileage out of this one!

Ghostrider, spot on mate, hope those wounds are getting better!














FT3 Invite List:
Justin Angle
Huell Howser
Chopper Reid

3 comments:

  1. Matt Man, nice work. Way to HTFU and throw down hard as hell while you are at it. I've seen this one before, maybe from you? but it is a good one we should all keep in mind when in the "Pain Cave".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like Jerry wins on the stitches count. I voted for 15, it looks like 12 in the photo. sd

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'mm consider an HTFU tattoo. Back or legs? Maybe forearm. I think I earned it.

    ReplyDelete