Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I am still your ride leader

We took Councilman for the longest ride of the day. I truly appreciate the offer of the "man cave" for a G10 Summit to save the FT3 movement! In the end we will not need the cave for such a reason. However, might the cave be available on the afternoon of April 11th for a post Mattman award ceremony?

As for the ride:

Yes we did indeed have an eventful ride on Tuesday. We went back to make sure the flume trail had made it through the winter without harm. It was good to be back on that trail, a real sign that the days will be hot a dusty soon. At some point on the return we lost Bambi, I kinda freaked that a rouge Pollock Pine hunter may have gotten him (authors note: Wolf is on the loose, we did not seem, nor have not seen his encampment for a long while, heads up!). Anyway, once again we found the group totally spread out. I admit it, it makes me nervous and I get hell of pissy when we loose folks. Bambi, of all people, failed to follow FT3 rule #1, as I heard no high pitched screams. In the end we all were able to regroup, we did have to chase the Rock God down a random trail. We sang kumbaya, signed up for couples counseling, and got on with the task at hand (riding bikes!)

Taco Notes:
The hot sauce book did come out and we did make some ambitious notes on future orders...beware of the coming hot sauce hangovers. Justin turned the hot beer on its head by mixing some beer in the remaining amounts of Possible Side Effects before dressing the taco with the beer mix...that's right folks a beer dressed taco...only at FT3!

Kits:
Justin is on the kit order! Looks like we are heading toward a Voler set up with the Prison Tat theme. There might be some copyright violations but hey we have to do something to earn those prison tats.

On the side:
I woke up the morning totally worked! Justin is racing PCRS tonight and Jerry is taking the bye. I will post results when I see them. Jerry is planning a very ambitious dirt outing on Saturday, long and fast is the word I am getting. Sunday will still have the Starbuck meeting at 7:30 for a recovery ride.

Until we pedal again!

4 comments:

  1. I was close to flying home today to beat Lars' head into the ground and as I was about to hit post in his prior posting, it dawned on me that not only did the Conficker.c virus hit today, but so did the LarsFer.u. My comments were removed by said Tzar subsequently. In the end what matters is that we have not lost our leader and the FT3 is still in tact. Although, I need more details on last nights hot tempers and lost riders. Beware, that for this FT3 thing to continue succesfully, we need to be better organized and more careful. Need I remind you what would happen if one of us gets hurt, lost and it starts snowing. Is that really very far from a posability? I think not. Respect the dark, cold and mountains and you will be safe, otherwise miserable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post NTH! Alas my plans for a takeover of the FT3 Ride Leader Position have been thwarted by a cruel and unusual April Fools Day joke! With a worthy lead-in of an evening gone slightly awry I was very uncomfortable about Lars' posting, but unfortunately, not a bit sceptical. "Whoa, Matt really is a tri-geek," I thought. "I have to help him," I also thought! Anyway, on a serious note - indeed, we need to step up our consciousness about the seriousness of nite riding. I appreciate that our leader takes his role seriously so others, like myself, can ride rather irresponsibly. That said, hammer on... but hammer with care!! Nobody wants to be left alone in the cold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prarie City was packed!!!! It was good fun. I probably finished Fifth to seventh in the expert 25-35 class. Not bad for not training for a fast paced short track race. My wife did well in the beginner class. And I think In-Law did pretty well for bumping up to expert 16-24 this year. Matt, Jerry, where were you guys? Oh well...see you all this weekend. Where is the ride for saturday?

    Matt I need to get you the money for the jerseys and I am trying to make my plans so I can ride along with you on Wednesday.

    On another note I will try to have a couple Jersey designs for tuesday and maybe a new hot sauce flavor. Anyone up for a sweet and spicy sauce?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will allow Cap'n to comment on where we were or were not last night. I will leave it that the Barnes clan was ready and willing to help! Instead we took Jackson out on his new skateboard! These things happen when family is connected to the sk8 industry!

    Great job on the race last night all of you!

    ReplyDelete