Saturday, April 25, 2009

7 Days and Counting

The recon trip of Friday night revealed a fast new course that will lend itself to some pretty wild racing next week. It seems to be much tighter than last year, with tons of single track and only limited sections of Fire Road.

Lap one was pretty calm and served as a good opportunity to find you bearings. Lap two was a bit different. The collective feet went down on the figurative gas pedal and off we went. I was caught off guard a bit and found with tired legs and a week of stress and fatigue, I was way off the back. I chased hard and ended up have a good lap. Cap'n, Bambi, and NoHandle almost took flight...

I was a bit tired this morning, but I think I may have been felt better than others?!?!?!

CHANGES FOR SUNDAY'S RIDE:
SEEMS THE 6:30 DEPARTURE HAD NO TAKERS.
MEETING @ 7:30 @ STARBUCKS.

2 comments:

  1. I'm in for 7:30.
    Don't let Matt fool you about being all by himself OTB, I was no where near Bambi or Cap'n.
    We are expectnig a great weekend next and hope to see as many of you as possible at some point. Sunday would be the best day to join us b/c then you can be there to see us get our award and help clean up our camp - we will have a sweet camp setup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in for 7:30 as well. Sounds like you guys had fun runnin the loop a few times. Hope to here all about it. Also I need to know the logistics of the 24hour. I am planning on crewing for you guys the whole time. Let me know what I can do. See you guys in the morning.

    ReplyDelete