Monday, April 20, 2009

Fuel the Fire!

What a difference a week makes. Last Tuesday it was 30 degrees and snowing. Now, seven days later, it is pushing 90 and I am worried about dust. The one thing this nice weather has done is made me realize that racing is now a part of our schedule! The anticipation of the 24 hour race has made it difficult to get any tasks done at work. Actually, come to think of it, the fact that I know that there is a bicycle somewhere with my name on it has made it difficult to get anything done period! Sunny warm days were made to be on a bike. Looks like most of the group is healing up, back home, DTI pampered...all in all we are ready to go! So what are we waiting for?



Is your fire adequately fueled for the next stretch? If not, Ghost Rider has thrown out there a guys movie night to view 24 Solo to make sure the passion for the bike does not subside. I can personally feel the energy in the air that we are indeed coming into pretty heavy racing season and that there is a vacancy sign blinking on the "Pain Cave". I think I will go in a take a look!

Mosquito @ 5:45...Exit 54?

I am going to do a bit of Secret Training again and will meet you guys at the Knot Hole (Patrick, were you serious about the extra riding?)

Until we ride again.
LOtB

8 comments:

  1. Very serious. I've got some time to make up.
    I'll see the FT3 crew at the Knot parking lot before rollout. But don't tell anyone, it is a secret!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in. I will HTFU and ride through the pain of the cut and swollen left ankle. Details on that later, but it is all Bambi's fault!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am used to taking the blame but it is hard to accept when I wasn't even there. What did you do?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not what I did, it's what you did! Quit trying to flip this one, it is your fault Bambi! You gave me those dangerous road shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Six! It's Tuesday again, the weeks are beginning to revolve around this pivotal day; nne which we measure the seasons, EPIC efforts and hot sauce quotients.

    I can see the bar is rising as the 24 approaches - BTW Jack Bauer is a pussy! They need to put a Chris Eatough commerical in mix before the show.

    Let's Do It.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe flatt pedals and pads are in order for the Cap'n.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have some DTI mending to do, can't make it to tacos tonight as I had planned. I'll be there next tuesday night to ride. I'll show Jerry these sweet stick on elbo pads with wings I found. They absorb the sweat really well. And if you wreck and rip open an existing gash. They absorb the blood right up. I think Barrett uses something similar in his helmet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ghost Rider - 'mend the DTI?', you should have a quilt done by now. WTF!

    ReplyDelete