Sunday, August 16, 2009

Monday, Tuesday, Happy Days

Yet another weekend come and gone. This weekend appeared to be anything be calm for the FT3 crew. Although there was no major group outing, there were indeed several smaller outings, and activities buzzing.

Saturday:
The Barnes household is hoping every day that a baby will come along. But alas it appeared there would be no baby this weekend. I methodically plugged through my honey do list on Saturday and freed myself up for an evening outing. B and I got in about 1:40:o0 on the road bikes. We had a good loop and decided to come back to town on the new section of bike trail. As we rolled out B stated, "yeah I rode it last night, it is paved to Missouri Flat." Well my friends, I am not sure what B rode the night before, but it wasn't this trail! The trail is nowhere near Mo Flat yet. Not to fear, CX season is just around the corner and the dirt looked nice. The trail is paved just past the new bridge, and although it will take away from the mid winter CX adventures, this is a great new trail. We ended with 4 intervals on Toyota hill, searing legs and lungs and a heart beat you could take by sight, indicated that the ride was a success. I did get a call from Rock God mid ride to say that he was tearing it up out on the coast in his old stomping grounds. Mmmmm is the source of that Bonny Doon fire solved yet?

Sunday:
Ghostrider took off early for a family flume fun fest! No report yet, but no fest of fun even with family that occurs on the flume can be all that bad.

The morning hours are tough for the green light these days, so I took off on dawn patrol via foot to get in a good run...I know its a bike blog, but I do like to run. I ended my run at the bagel shop to wish happy trails to Cap'n and Bambi as they represented for a Sunday road ride. Cap'n stated that he was in for a double with some wakeboarding coming that afternoon. Bambi was interested in the running getup and I think he is going to start busting the short running shorts. I highly recommend them when you are wheelin. I am sure the fine male specimen up there on the Rubicon would appreciate a nice split side running short. Or maybe it would just be your encouragement to run REALLY FAST.

Upcoming Dates/Events:
-I am really hoping to get out for Tuesday's ride. B is bringing a new member who sports the email no_car@... Sounds legit, and no it is not the guy on the Cannondale with Zipps busting around town. The quiver is not looking good these days, it might have the be the Mt. Tek limping through the ride.
-7:30 at the Bagel Shop on Sundays is the standard unless otherwise informed for the weekly road ride.
-No movement yet on the FT3 van hookup. However, B and I discussed the maiden voyage. We were thinking an "Old School" style kidnapping of NoHandle was in order. I don't even mind posting it on the blog and potentially giving it away. That guy has been AWOL so long he either forgot how to ride a bike or is suffering a slow avalanche style suffocation via packing paper and boxes.
-Ghostrider has the Knot Hole logo and should be moving on kits soon. If you need a hand just say the word, I know a handful of guys looking forward to racing cross as FT3.
-LA not a bad year, 3rd at the tour and a crushing smack down at Leadville. Say what you will, the man can ride a bike.
-P'ville Tour de Steeps???? Dates???? Thoughts????
-Saw a sign for the Folsom Cyclebration today while running errands. You know what that means. Sept 12th is the first regional CX race...so a little teaser to get your minds right.

See all you "skinny dorks" on Tuesday,
Until we ride again,
LOtB

8 comments:

  1. Lars, what do you need to leave the
    Mountain Tech in your garage on Tuesday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Xterric making the post! Today is going to forever remembered in FT3 loar as the day Xterric got in the mix. Had some cable housing issues on the XP ride with the chick bike...I will be able to roll without any problems...I will run if I have to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice weekend re-cap Lars, good to see people are keeping it real. Were the hell is that baby! Good luck buddy.
    I'm in for FT3 this week. Lights right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa B, that is quite a ride. I sent you a text on Saturday night and didn't get a response. Due to the fact that I had two extra kids at my house and Ian was willing to 'flex' we rolled out of the bagel shop 8:30ish. You were too early. We just rolled Newtown - Fort Jim - Starkes - Sly Park Rd - Ridge Rd - Pony Express - Carson Rd. - Dimity - Mosquito - ED Trail - Main Street. No stats, but I do have the Camino Sign, and Dave's Christmas Tree Sign. You didn't miss much other than Ian describing to me 'the ways of the Salas.' That's ghetto for "Salinas."

    I am looking out tomorrow due to Soccer practice in Pollock, (which may land me and the whole fam at the Knott Hole prior to FT3 arrival - a first), a night meeting this week, and PBR fall season game 2 taking up valuable DTI- improving evening time. My light is available for loan if anyone needs it. B? Lunch rides and bike commuting are on this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. B, you are nothing if not clever. I have just resurfaced from my own trip to Dante's inferno. My least favorite is the Network layer. Noon marked another 24 work event. I did, however, make it out on Sat am for Sweetwater to the Peninsula campground and back. Sadly, I met with post-ride misfortune. Some hooligans had shattered my driver window and stolen the sacred gear bag. Thankfully most of my effects were in the hydropak. Baby is due in the next 5-7 days. More to come. Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm rollin tonight! VD is complaining of someburning sensation on the inside. It may be from some home made salsa I made or maybe its something to do with his taco handel. Bringing fresh Habeneros Tonight and a small batch of salsa. And B if you are game for a pre ride tweakin I am all about it! The Flume trail over the weekend was epic on the ridged raleigh. VD, my wife, In Law, Father In Law, my buddy Tyler, and two other guys rolled the flume on sunday. It was a blast. Lots of climbing mixed with some short tech sections. And lots of smooth rolling sandy drops. the ride really made me realize how much I love singlespeeds. The superlight may not get much lovin in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in.

    The coastal trails were awesome and brought back memories from learning to motorcycle ride in the Woodstock era, and MTB ride in the Tom Ritchey, Stumpjumper 1, and MB1 era. The outing with my former college roommate and CX buddy was a wake up call; he drug me around and waited on his easy ride before his scheduled Napa Century on Sunday. The trail network was fun, challenging and steep; it's good to see the open space folks building such a fine set of trails. Went to the Pebble Beach Concours car show in the AM, crazy over the top cars and money, now I know how the 1/10 of one percent live; they can afford 3 percent incremental tax for health care reform, if by plan it even shows on an income statement.

    The air was harsh around Santa Cruz and Monterey, still got a short ride in on Sunday.

    One more week of vacation bliss and a weekend motorcycle outing in the High Sierra and then it's time to focus on CX training, maybe a bit late but I couldn't see doing a regiment during sabbatical, too much like work; oh yeah that starts next week too - oh boy.

    Looking forward to a scarce summer FT3 outing.

    ReplyDelete