Saturday, August 29, 2009

Roger Bannister is full of sh$t

So I never lost consciousness as Bannister mentioned (see quote in yesterdays post) I might, never found that reserve of energy and power, never become one with nature or the track. What crap, I thought I would go out there tear up a mile, have an out of body experience, run sub 4 and gain a slot on the US team for 2012 Olympics. Instead, it was an experience of painful lactic acid swells, muscle fatigue, and general exhaustion. Oh well, I guess it is back to the office next week. I will keep looking for that continuum of space and time Banister mentioned was sure to come along. I will note that FT3 was noticeably missing from the first annual Cougar Miles. Maybe the following report will explain this absence...

Bombastic Report:
The CIF rule and regulations state that no high school football game may commence without a doctor on the sideline and ambulance either on call or on the campus. This is a simple rule generally utilized to ensure safety and quick response for any injured athlete. I am thinking that the local softball league may want to adopt this rule for the fall season. Apparently there was much carnage at last weeks game. Sounds like B may be on the DL for awhile and one other guy may require traction. No word on the outcome of the game, just notes about bodies strewn about. Hey boys, keep the rubber side down! You know things are bleak when Lars Over the Bars is telling you to stop crashing! We got a CX season the think about here...no more injuries!

I did find a clip of me running the mile last night to share!

Upcoming rides:
Sunday at 7:30 meeting at the Bagel shop.
Tuesday 5:45 @ Mosquito
Sept 12th - Tahoe 100 and CX Cyclebration at Negro Bar

Until we ride,
LOtB

2 comments:

  1. I'm in for 7:30. Time to drop the motor and get the legs back.

    Did I mention work is not nearly as fun as sabbatical? :-0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exteric and I made an FT3 quorum on the 7:30 am outing. We hit perfect weather and light traffic up Newtown and Starkes Grade. I found a bit of a locomotive streak and Eric was rolling fast up the short steeps.

    As I made my way home I found my wife in her neon red mini and back tracked to Starbucks for a a recovery drink.

    Now it's 100 in the shade and we're trying to get motivated to drive into the cooler Sierras.

    I'm in for Tuesday but will be sans lights, could not get mine shipped back to NiteRider until Thursday due to unplanned vet visits.

    Had the big graduation ceremony yesterday, but now the pressure is on for both increased work and cycling performance - I need to chill. :-)

    ReplyDelete