Thursday, December 17, 2009

Belated Ride Report

Since Tuesday I have been slammed, stretched thin and left suffering from stress. Alas a ride report needs to follow a ride and albeit late, here goes.

Facing a holiday crush on attendance sure to take place, we were able to fire off a pretty well attended ride on Tuesday. All met at Mosquito with Bambi leaving work a bit late but making it early to a normal send off. Rock God, B, NoCar, and I joined Bambi and headed off to the lake. We met up with NoHandle and set off towards the Qualifier. I was duped by the lack of snow on the initial trail and kept the tires pointing up hill for a loop of the Picnic Table Graveyard. Opps, snow was a deep and a fair bit of hike-a-bike was necessary to get back to the lake. However, back at lake level, things were looking great until we hit the Hazel Creek Campground. Bambi blew his tire off the rim and we were forced to come to grips with the fact that there was still a lot of snow on the trail. We basically walked, with minimal riding, until the trail merge with the Lady Parts trails. Peter made an appearance as one rider was way off the front, displaying some less than desirable opinion of the conditions. Back on the road, Peter was put in check, and we all headed for the Knot Hole knowing that we succeeded in this years snow ride and were happy to have gotten the ride in.

Taco Report:
We had a first as the taco production was running at full speed and our taco orders beat our beer orders to the table. Taco's were top notch and I have noticed the 4 x 2 x 1 order is taking hold as a norm for several riders. All in all it was a pretty mellow night at the lake, with a minimal ride, but the streak lives and the tacos are always good.

Our own Ansel Adams was busy are work all night. Too many photos to include so I have attached the link. Hope it works, enjoy!
http://picasaweb.google.com/bmcmurtry/20091215FT3SnowRide09?feat=email#5415724875104567442


CX Update:
Going into race #4 of this years Sac series, FT3 Velo LoCo is very well represented in the leaders board. Rock God is sitting in second in the 45 B's and poised to step into the lead with a big day. Cap'n is locked in an epic battle with Joe Miller and will have to pull out the "A" game every time they toe the line together...it is truly a battle, keep the heat on Cap'n! I am sitting in 8th overall for the B's and planning a few good races to get into the top five. This weeks race will be our best showing thus far and team dynamics could come into play. The race will be followed by the second annual Barnes Chili Feed happening whenever we get home. This weeks race is in Lodi and will be hosted by a winery, could have potential for how to bring a race to our neck of the woods.

Due to Holiday conflicts I am out for next week. However, the following week will be our New Years Ride.

I saw VD today and confirmed that he is still alive and still residing in El Dorado county. He threw out some excuses but I wasn't listening. He did share that he is doing a night ride on the 24th (his birthday) and all are welcome. I will be making sure the house is ready for Santa but it sounds like fun. I see some attendance based new years resolutions in order for some, trust me, I am not immune to some absences lately and will be making my own resolution...look out B, I am gunning to take the title from you. Never too early to think about racing next spring and summer.

Speaking of which, days are getting longer and NoHandle and family are celebrating on the solstice with an informal BYOB bonfire!

Holiday Cheers to all and hope to see you all soon!
Until we ride,
LOtB

9 comments:

  1. Many apologies my friend, sometimes...well there are no excuses for a tardy blog off to detention for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun and classic ride for the history blogs. I'm glad Peter made it out since I didn't. I am out for next week as well, mom is in town. Doing a lunch ride today if anyone is interested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't thought of Peter as an 'it.' Interesting concept. I loved the crash photo action shots. I am wondering who was behind the lense for those or if it was actually staged during the flat repair. I also couldn't help noticing that B wore no knee warmers. Hard as nails I tell you... nails.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I helped out Ansel (AAB) w/photos since he is rarely in the snaps. Staged? Hmm, hard to know w/out being there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also notice the Knot needs a "FT3 Bike Parking Only" sign!

    ReplyDelete
  6. P3 for Ride ~#85 speaks:

    A man must decide how he leaves his mark, be it on the Tuesday ride 'must do loop' or the race course; seldom the two shall twine - at least for us old F&^#S.

    That is, if he has the choice. :-o

    ReplyDelete
  7. Through the wint'ry woods they ride their sleds
    their families home, tucked safely in bed
    and though the snow lay deep afoot
    visions of tacos dance in their heads

    On Bambi, on NoHandle, Lars and B
    He with No Car and the mighty RG
    the forest creatures doth echo anew
    "hail the riders called FT3"

    They carry not presents upon their backs
    but food, tools, and tow-straps in packs
    for one never knows what lies ahead
    and I think young B even carries ski wax

    This team does not seek the northern most pole
    but into the night they hasten to roll
    for at their arduous journey's end
    awaits the good cheer of the famed Knott Hole

    Press on my friends, I'll be joining you soon
    to brave those woods by the light of the moon
    and once gathered at the table again
    we'll toast with rye and a Merry tune!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am floored. I can't wait to read that one to the kids on Christmas eve.

    ReplyDelete