Monday, June 29, 2009

FT3's Return to Glory!

I admit I am to blame here for the lack luster effort on the FT3 front of late. Rock God is calling us out from a foreign country (look out for those crazy Canadians, although Kokanee is like PBR's brother to the north!)...looks like it is time to get on it! I am feeling good, have a couple runs and a bike ride under my belt and am ready to hit it.

Ride #59

Last weeks ride actually qualifies as the first ever FT3 duathlon! Way to throw in some multisport stuff there boys! Most of my creative juices have flown out of the my body with the five gallons of sweat pouring out of me every hour. Is it hot in here or is it just me? I am going to offer up the first ever swim-bike-swim outing for tomorrow if this weather pattern doesn't change.

I am giving this weeks ride the official "ONE" count in hopes that others can join. I know there are some camping trips, softball games, DTI recovery, work commitments, etc, but I expect to see a showing for Tuesday night. There have been some questions regarding pictures from the Ironman. Seeing how I was so smoking fast, there really weren't that many photos taken by my support crew. Either that or being sick of standing in the rain and the cold, they waited inside the super nice resort in Coeur d'Alene for me to finish! Either way, and without a trip to Kona this year, I feel the need to wear the pointing hat and skin suit one more time, this will clearly give me an advantage in the swim-bike-swim event! You got to show up tomorrow night to catch the new FT3 fashion!!!!

I believe Cap'n is working on a super secret bike build...guess it is not super secret anymore seeing how I just published it to the world. Someone turned 40! There was a guys backpacking trip. I have more race details...this is all to say that the taco portion of the night should be full of mostly true stories, peppered with just the right proportions of hyperbole and machismo!

Rumor has it that this might be In-Law's last ride for a bit. I do remember him stating that a last ride record attempt was in the plans. So what'll it be In-Law, can you hold 20/10 or is the lawn going to get fertilized some more?

5:45 at Mosquito...BAMBI, WHERE ARE YOU!!!!!


Until we ride again,
LOtB

8 comments:

  1. There we go! Who else is out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THREE! If I can get out of here in time. I will be crawling out from under a 4Runner this week and hopefully making the ride. I had to pull the trany and replace the rear main last week to make a camping trip without leaking mass quantities of oil. Matt, do you still have the 18 tooth cog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, would love to, but I am going to a belated birthday barbeque (B3) tonight. This one will be smaller and tamer than the weekend. Thanks to B for reppin' FT3 up in the backcountry. Still trying to sort out how he skied Shasta, then jumped in the Mystery Machine and hammered all the way to Ice House road, and then on to our Cabin By the Creek. Amid the chaos of family/friends/food/fire, we had a rock concert, alot of malted beverage, and even a dog on dog lovefest. Cheers to those who strived, but couldn't attend. You were missed. I was clueless to the whole affair. Walked into a cabin full of people in the middle of nowhere, and a keg of Vanilla Stout. Awesome. Apparently, my DTI work has paid off. Enjoy the swim/bike/swim/taco/pbr event!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In-Law and ghost rider are in so four and five. This will be my last ride for a while, i start my new job on Monday, I will try to get out here every once in a while for a FT3 outing, and I will be going for the record so the tacos better be good tonight or the lawn could get fertilized. Could there be a head to head challenge with B?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am out, again. Sorry! I have an out of town guest arriving this evening for just one night so I can't dog them. I'm due for a return FT3 visit soon and I'll be recruiting help for a moving day next month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When will the swim portion start for tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just put the finishing touches on the homemade salsa offering for the evening. To my dismay, it is not hot enough, but should suffice as a flavorful addition to the Knot Hole taco/hot sauce combos, especially if one were going for the record.

    ReplyDelete