Saturday, June 6, 2009

Questions, questions, and more questions!

Camp MBAR is officially one week in the past. My buddy Justin got a good camp report posted on his blog. Legs are still tired and stomach still feels empty, but I do think it was a quality effort that will help towards one Kona inspired output on June 21st.

Thanks to those that joined for the big effort last Sunday. If I could take that ride and route back I probably would. As the great Yogi Berra once uttered, "No one goes there anymore, its too crowded." My thoughts exactly. I don't know if I ever need to ride Wentworth Springs again, and definitely not on a sunny Sunday afternoon. I guess deep down I hope that the motorcyclist we say flying threw the air is ok, but on the surface I can't help thinking he got what was coming to him. Why is it that some have such a brazen attitude towards others and safety? Why is it that I am still really upset by this event? Why am I wearing wool socks, fleece pants, and a down jacket on June 6th? My world is really out of whack!

Monday's effort was the perfect antidote for Sunday's mayhem. We ventured off into the south county flats (yeah right, nothing is flat around here) and enjoyed empty roads and long chit chatty miles. Ironman Coeur d'Alene got its talons into my this week. Thank god school is over and I really don't need to focus on anything else right now. A nice set of training days was exactly what was in order to get the focused race ready

Riding this weekend seems to be a bit random. Maybe that is the effect of last Tuesdays utterly random FT3 outing. For those of us who missed it, well I think we missed something that only comes around every once in awhile. The stories keep pouring in and I am still kicking myself for not being there. It is a good thing you guys didn't say you were from San Fran, or baldy may have stared swinging. Anyway, back to riding, some folks might be heading to Tahoe on Sunday for a loop of the lake, Ghostrider and family are out right now running his sister through a mini Camp El Do in her own 1/2man prep, Cap'n is befriending local riders left and right and inviting them to a 7:30 roll out, who knows where NoHandle is these days, B is skiing down diminishing snow piles, and well that about covers it.

Upcoming Ride:
Mid July: Date and Type of bike TBA
The first annual Tour of P'ville Steeps: We are blessed with a plethora of ridiculously steep hills in the city limits of Ol' Hangtown. It's time we take these bad boys down in one fail swoop. Rictor, Big Cut, Clay, The hill by B's House, Stuff by the Hospital...these are all in the mix. In short time we will convene for a route planning event. The event will include proper hydration for the upcoming ride. Goals: Never leave the city limits, hit all major climbs and see how much vertical we pull. I still am thinking this calls for a the fixies...but that might just be crazy talk.

Why is the bike so addicting? Where does Peter live on race day? Why don't more people understand the need for a bicycle friendly environment? Why did I not get signed to a Pro team this year? Why is yard work so much less fun than biking? Have you seen my DTI, it appears I lost it last weekend?



Three Cheers!
The other day I ran on the new section of bike trail, connecting Ray Lawyer to Mo Flat. Both Cap'n and Dan Bolster had a lot to do with this improvement. When juxtaposed (yes I just used juxtaposed in the blog) with the ridiculous work taking place on main street. This project jumps out as a quick and huge improvement to our local biking, walking, and family friendly scene! I am drafting a letter to formally address how much improvements like this positively impact our community. Great job getting through the old guard and getting some progressive work done Cap'n! Spot on Mate!

Upcome Rides:
Sunday 6/7: Starbucks at 7:30
Tuesday 6/9: FT3
Sunday 6/21: IM CDA
July 2009: Tour de P'ville Steeps

Until We Ride Again:
LOtB

No comments:

Post a Comment