Monday, October 12, 2009

Podiums Galore

All right, before I get to the required trash talking, I have to take my hat off. Cap'n not only won the B 35+ yesterday, he blew away the field. I think he turned lots of heads by racing off the front from the gun and then stretching that lead every lap, spot on mate!

I stuck in a workshop all day, so I will post more later on. I do have an update from last week thanks to councilman and will get that posted as well.

I am pretty sure that Rock God was on the podium as well. Green Fro and Xteric rounded out the field in the 35+ field. Racing was fast and hard and dusty, really dusty.

As for my race, only one chick got by, and yes there were two again at the start line. I was pretty spent on energy and the loose dirt took its toll. All in all I suffered greatly! Still hurting a fair deal today.

Chick Bike on craigslist for $650 if anyone knows anyone looking for a bike.

Until we ride,
LOtB

4 comments:

  1. Nice Work Cap'n. Wish I could have been there to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done, Cappy. Cross is your game. Nice work all on throwing down in the dirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, an impressive win by Cap'n for sure. We 45+ started in a second wave and got mixed in with the 35+ group pretty quickly. I pushed to what I thought was the front of our group but it was hard to tell. I did a lap at the front of our mini mixed class train and it hurt, the headwind going out to the pasture loop was tough, I don't think I could have held a flyer off the front, great job.

    That said, we are going to have to adjust the 'value' of cross winnings, as we did not have a separate prime for our wave. Or better yet, we put the winnings in a team fund for a proper FT3 post season bash.

    A very good and challenging course, a proper 'dry cross' for sure. The first impression has everyone thinking the BMX section was going to be tough, not the case, the dusty, rutty and chooped up corners claimed many a victim.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks much gents. It was a great day on the bike for sure. I thought the pre race flat was going to screw my mental state or cause some potential flat occurance. Mountain bike skills prevailed on the tight loose turns, roadies were floundering for sure. I didn't forsee the problems that splitting up the age groups caused, it certainly gave Rock the short end of the stick.

    Will post more soon I have kids tugging at my legs now.

    ReplyDelete