Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Ride!

Friends, countrymen, Eldoradians, lend me your Tuesday night. For the ride will be epic! Or perhaps still muddy, but I am thinking epic. Here I go again overusing the term "epic". However, after months of dust and loose corners, I for one will be happy to have some traction. God knows I need all the help I can get. Come one, come all, come out a ride. Ride I say! Ride off into yonder sunset, ride down trails that snake between trees as old as time, or at least as old as when they were cut down last. Ride! Ride, like you were 12 years old again, and any day on a bike was a good day spent. Ride to win the next race, ride to simply race the next race. Ride, not for racing but for fun. Ride for health and fitness, for camaraderie and brotherhood, for tacos and beer! RIDE!!!! The sun will give way to a cool crisp night. Anyway you cut it, it is time for a bike ride, a fast bike ride, a fast, twisty, hilly, smooth bike ride. So who wants to ride?


Mosquito at 5:45...Exti 54???? Rumor has it that this guy is back in town!

1/2 I am in for the ride but will have to get back down the hill for visitors.

PS: Three cheers to NoHandle and Mrs. NoHandle for hosting a great event, lots of fun and birthday cheers.

Until We Ride,
LOtB

7 comments:

  1. This old guy is in.
    2.5
    I'll drive my self up and meet in Knot Lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am out, work meeting tonight is keeping me away. Nice FT3 showing at the NoHandle party, I think there is a collective hope that the funds go toward bike parts rather than a chipper, but alas, it is up to NoHandle. I hear the after hours keg stand was solid, which once again proves we have a hero among us. The Fort CX bike will roll this weekend, Chzech back Monday, I will supplement the Sunday ride report. Have fun tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I remember correctly from last week, weather is NEVER a factor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm out. I'm up in Portland scouting out the downtown bike shops and getting the scoop on Cross Crusade from the vendor partner I'm meeting with.

    Ti SS shipped today, due next Tuesday, if I'm home to receive shipment.

    BTW - I'm going tubular for cross as well; the Rock God cycling stimulus is in 4th gear.

    Have fun with the EPIC conditions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still on baby duty. If I could find a way to strap little Jakob on my back (or on the top tube, which I've seen), I'd be money.

    Cheers to NoHandle for celebrating his old age in style. It was nice to meet/hang out with all the various FT3 family members, and find out just how small a village we inhabit.

    Enjoy the nighttime, gents!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks to all the contributors of the chipper fund. To set aside your fears about the money. I'll be spending the money on a luxury item, such as a chipper or riding mower. I don't need any funding for a bike, that is not a luxury item, it is a necessity and is already pretty well funded and costs much more than a bike. Thanks for your concerns and $.
    Old Man No Handle.

    ReplyDelete