Moments of note that I recall:
- Bambi took a hard impact into a large rock. Bruised and bleeding, he rode on anyway without complaint showing his annealed, hard-ass, FT3 riding style.
- Group consensus was that this was the wettest ride to date that did not take place under precipitating skies. Some even proposed it to be the wettest ride without any such caveat, but Captain and I know better than that.
- NoHandle, who was the Acting Ride Leader, proposed a new addendum to the by-laws. Riders with multiple gears shall not fly off the front on SSFT3 nights. Is it the rider or the bike? Hmmm ...
- We rolled in a respectable 6-pak last night. NoHandle, Captain, Bambi, RG, Xteric and myself comprised the pack.
- NoHandle can probably give a better route description than I
- Brake pressure was at a premium last night, with at least a few riders having a bit of trouble keeping their speed in check at times
Until we ride,
Speaking of 6-packs, I believe a 12 pack of mostly pre-BRS was consumed before and certainly finished afterwards.
The by-law was only in effect if the geared rider was the ONLY geared rider, if more than one was present, then all bets are off.
Route: Drop down to lake, up to road kill to back door over to classic flemming #8 and ass drag back home. Short mileage but lots of work.
(Thank you he "Without Handle" for the clarification and elaboration.)