Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Back in the High Life!

I can't help but notice that as I wake up every morning, there is still the ongoing news information of the gulf oil crisis...NoCar sent this video through awhile back and it seems to get more and more relevant and important every day oil continues to spill into the gulf!
It is good to know that not only does FT3 help keep me sane! We may actually have an impact to the preservation of the planet...lofty goals are good!

I think I might have training wheels on the bike tonight. It has been so long since I rode on a Tuesday night, I am afraid I may have forgotten how to ride my bike. All things aside, I am in for tonights ride. After the the weather and temps the last few days, I am wondering if tonights ride should just be a swim! I guess summer is here. Tomorrow's ride report will most likely discuss the intricacies of dust.

The fact that I am still recovering form last weekend, begs the question of how long it takes to recover from running 100 miles. Padre did FT3 proud showing some real HTFU to get through some rough stages. In the end he ran a 100 mile PR in 19:20:01! Yup, that's 19+ hours of running...Spot on mate, spot on!

Sunday's ride report was offered up by NoHandle:

Short note about Sunday

(Insert Taco Handle) and (Insert Taco Handle) joined me, Cap’n and Xterric for a classic S. County+ Starks grade loop.

Out Cedar Ravine, Bucks Bar, Old E-16/Happy Valley Cut-off, Pleasant Valley to Sly Park to Cold Creek, 5 spot, starks, through the neighborhoods avoiding much of sly park to Ridge Way and then bomb down PE and Carson.

(Insert Taco Handle) and (Insert Taco Handle) are legit and hung in real well. Xterric had to bail at the Pleasant Valley Holiday Mkt and Cap’t had to bail at the bottom of 5 Spot, but (Insert Taco Handle), (Insert Taco Handle)and I enjoyed great climb up starks.

Notably for me was (Insert Taco Handle) enthusiasm for the Camino and Dave’s Christmas Tree Farm sprints. No sooner had I explained to him the cycling culture around sprints and he was lining up try to take a flyer. We also enjoyed more lively discussions of the demonstration rail and trail for the El Dorado Museum proposal. I look forward to much more on that topic which Cap'n's and (Insert Taco Handle) inputs.


Looks like the Sunday ride has become somewhat routine! Way to make it roll guys!

Mosquito @ 5:45...Exit 54???

ONE (1)

Until We Ride:
LOtB

7 comments:

  1. I love the Sunday write up, especially the (insert taco handle) part.

    I am out tonight. Kelly is taking a class and it is once a month on Tuesdays for a couple months. Have a good one and enjoy the swim part.

    I am looking for a report on the NoCar/B mission to Tahoe yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a tough call out yesterday, getting a twenty minute warning from B to ride to Tahoe. But a weekend cooped up with my sister's kids and I was ready to go.
    When we reached the Pollock horse camp, salt stains had already developed on my shorts. By North-South road the pavement had cooked me to delirium. Just as I was about to panic from running out of water, we found a little spring below the road. It was tracked by raccoons and horses, but we still drank deep. That got us to 88 where we hesitated. Heat cramps fluttered through the legs. But, we kept going. At the Kirkwood Inn a big meal of soup, nachos, coffee and stout was just what the doctor ordered, and we rolled through to Tahoe without incident.
    On the drive back we discussed the likelihood of making it to FT3. Well,

    TWO

    TWO

    ReplyDelete
  3. No can do tonight. Family in town, running on fumes etc. Sounds like a great ride yesterday, bummer I missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was scheduled for tonight, but I forgot about supplemental Tango lesson. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sat through Mon is that works. Booker could always stand in as C-man's dance partner?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Four!

    I'm now sporting the fashionable FT3 summer cut and will be testing the legs for Saturday, hang on boys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ever since his interaction with the vet student, i'm not sure Booker is still interested in canine females.

    ReplyDelete