Monday, September 28, 2009

Rock God Rockin the House

FT3 stayed on the podium this week at the first race on the Sacramento CX calendar. In raging heat, Green Fro, Cap'n, Rock God and I all unquivered the cross bikes and toed the line. Rock God raced in 45+ B's with Cap'n and Green Fro racing at the same time in 35+ B's. Cap'n showed some early wings but suffered in the heat. Rock God, showing his wise ways, stayed in his own zone, taking a quick flyer to win the preem ($50.00) and then holding form to place 2nd in age group 3rd overall! Spot on mate...by the way you lie like a dog, no one belives that you were sick, just off doing some secret training. Cap'n and Green Fro finished just a tad back racing hard.

Why do chicks always line up in my race! Man, this sucks. I am doctoring my birth certificate to race in the 35+. So I got doubled chicked but still managed to feel good about the race.

More info and pics coming.

Did anyone pick up my helmet?

Until we ride?
LOtB

8 comments:

  1. Good Results = Good Mood, I've got the fever, CXR1P2 to be exact.

    The secret training and Sunday hill flyer did put me under the weather, but the resulting mandatory taper, paid off; also the Saturday high tempo ride on No-Handle's recommendation.

    Cap'n was pulling some mean tempo on the front of lap 1, although I think the mandatory DTI house painting of Saturday had him pre-drained; violation of Eddy rule #1, stay off the legs.

    The water bottle cage and rusty crit skills came into play, definitely my kind of course. With a fresh Cap'n and and Green-Fro up in the mix I think we could forge a break away group. The hillier courses will make it tougher from here on out. What ever the course a top 5 start is mandatory.

    Looking forward to the rest of the season and many more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What the heck is CXR1P2?

    Man alive Rock is fast! The heat was ridiculous, but indeed FT3 riders brought the heat. Very much looking forward to future races. I've got to pull the trigger on a new rig, I need all the advantage I can get!

    October Race notes: The race was moved to October 11th, the day after the Knickerbocker 50/8Hr. Sorry but I'm racing Cross!

    Ghost needs a cross bike!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still dehydrated Cap'n?

    CX = Cyclocross
    R1 = Race 1
    P2 = 2nd Place

    CX bike deals are to be had, several on sale at the races; including a decently outfitted Novara (REI) for $450.

    With the date change I'll be observing a sober Class Reunion the night before, will make it back for the 1pm post no problem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I am still a bit dehydrated. For a minute there I thought you were going to buy a Masi carbon Cross bike. You had me fooled.

    I can't ride a Novara, no way. I'd sooner ride a Motobecane.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice racing gents. Way to rock on Rock God!
    Did anyone notice the post at the top of the thread from a little deer handle freak.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work Fellas!

    I am out for cross for the m onth of october. Doing the eight hours at knickerbocker on the 10th and the TBF Granite Bay 50 on the 25th. The other weekends are booked for camping and family events.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That 50 in Granite Bay may be a good outing for the new SS Hard Tail, plenty of time to recover for the next Cross race.

    I'll look into it.

    P.S. - Did you notice the relationship between a good race and number of blog comments. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Granite Bay 50 can be done solo, duo, and trio for those inquiring.

    ReplyDelete