Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Fear the Cross Ride, and Bring More Cowbell

With the official kick off to cross season four days away, FT3 rolled out CX style last night. Cap'n, Rock God, and I all welcomed Green Fro back into the fringe for the first ever all cross FT3 ride. With everyone else being scared away by our cross supremacy! Or maybe they just figured that this ride would just be too much of a cross geek fest for even the most hardy FT3 rider. Anyway you cut it, the ride was awesome and pureish to the CX call out.

We started with a quick hit to the west shore of the lake loop and then headed around the lake on the road for a bit before taking the Pre-Qualifier up to Park Creek. From there we headed down Hazel Rd to the Flume and climbed up the Flume Re-Entry. We dropped the top part of Wedding March to the cut off and headed back to the Qualifier for a return ride home. Well Green Fro and I headed to the Qualifier, Cap'n got spun around again and missed a few turns on the way home. Rock God fighting off some rare illness suffered temporary deafness and dementia and kept on keeping on right on up to Sly Park Road. He paid his dues by riding the gutter of Sly Park Rd. home and then buying the birthday beverages for Ghost and Cap'n. The remaining three rides gave a solid look around for Rock God, gave up the search and headed home only to run into Xteric (on the 1:9) out for a solo mission. In the end, the Tuesday CX adventure will be repeated!

Ghostrider and VD joined for Tacos. The normal red carpet service got derailed for some reason, and tacos slowly drifted out to us. The hot sauce offerings were either bland or blazing hot! But most importantly Ghostrider produced the proofs for the new kits!!

Kit Orders:
Please email or post orders for Ghostrider, as soon as he has a complete order that will determine price...the more we order the cheaper the unit costs get. For instance, I am ordering two bibs, one long sleeve, and one short sleeve...doing my part.

Rock God is no longer invited to my birthday party!

Until we ride,
LOtB

16 comments:

  1. Man 'o Man those CX bikes move along quite swiftly; however downhill speeds were notably muted.

    Yeah - the snotty nose clogged the brain and better judgement; although I think it was more stubbornness than any EARLY on-set of aforementioned maladies.

    Good to see Green-Fro again, fit and fast as usual.

    The kits are looking great. I'll be down for two pair as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like another great Ft3 outing, sorry I missed it.
    Rock God, I have to say I'm seeing a trend of you puting your head down late in the ride and sort, well sortof riding off - maybe we are too slow for you.
    Ghost, do you have a PDF or some electronic copy of the proofs and any estimate on costs per item.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey gang,

    ft3.com is taken but is available to purchase through the owner. They are just sitting on it to make some cash so I am sure we do not want to bid or offer on the domain. We do have open: ft3.me, ft3.us, ft3.biz, ft3.mobi. Also I looked up ft3bike.com, .org and all the others which are available. Domain purchase is about $7 to $14 for the year, that is just one taco/beer tab. If you have any other ideas on domains let me know unless we would like to choose out of the few I listed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Old School/long hand: http://www.fattiretacotuesday.com/
    appears to be not taken.

    ReplyDelete
  5. FT3blog.com is available.

    It was a good ride. Cross riding is a lot of fun and if I could keep up on the DH I would consider being a full time crosser. I have to say that there were more near crashes last night than regular MTB nights. I think one or more of us almost went in 'the drink' in some loose sections. I am glad I only lost half a stripe by making the right decision to turn back in spite of Rock's attempt to take me down the road less traveled. That said, with the birfday shot, and noone being permanently lost or injured it may all have been worth it.

    I am bummed we did not see dong-dave-dirt-dave though, he always pays his debts. With Rock's new bike purchase I am feeling the need to go in debt to keep up with the Rock's so we'll be seeing some CX upgrades soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. B do you feel weird that you haven't visited the can like seven painful times today?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like www.fattiretacotuesday.com - the whole world will bookmark it so they will only be typing it out once.

    We need to get a draft of those bylaws and FT3 terminology going. I think we have a shot at going national with this thing, at least to bring on affiliates; there has to be a ton of communities with a Taco Tuesday and a Ride already in play, we're just synthesizing the two.

    Cap'n, I'll have that micro-gram scale in a couple days to help you make your decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe we can get a Fat Tire to buy our domain name once it goes national.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK - The official FT3 scale arrived and here are the results:

    Wilier (2006) - 16:15 lb:oz or 7.69 Kg
    Stigmata (2008) - 18:14 or 8.57
    Vortex (2000) - 19:00 or 8.63
    Kestrel (1992) - 20:15 or 9.50
    Eddy (1984) - 22:11 or 10.28
    Spider (2004) - 26:04
    Lynskey (2010) - ??

    Velomax w/SB 8 - 1.22 Kg
    Ksyrium w/SB 8 adj. 1.16 Kg

    Folks are welcome to stop by and weigh in over a beer or I can bring the precision measuring device by to build a sheet.

    Time to play ball.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just started shopping for my next 29er Hard Tail.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rock God, I would like to throw a couple of steeds on the scale. Are you still playing hooky from work, I mean working from home?

    As for the domain names, I would suggest we snag the full length version (fattire...), as well as 1 or 2 shorter ones. I like FT3web.com. We can use the longer one for the actual site, and then point the acronym-based name(s) accordingly. That way, should FT3.com or other desirable name become available, we can pick it up without having to change the official site name. Just my .02 cents.

    I have seen several requests of late for bylaws and other charter-related info. As your councilman, I would be willing to flesh out a rough draft. There are some outstanding questions as to what constitutes membership, whether there is a council (FT3 Elders?) or one body made up of all voting members, whether ordering a single taco/beer merits a warning or other disciplinary action. I'll defer to all standing members for more direction, and to the founding members for approval to proceed.

    Now back to changing diapers and doing laundry...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Councilman - Working from home most days. You can swing buy or I can stop by the Man Cave with scale in tow.

    I think starting a Bylaws draft would be a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Rock God. You'll have to give me your digits, as I can't login to work and access my contact list. Or call me at:

    916.439.3709

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rock God Cell: 916-798-8873

    I'll be home Sunday after 4pm.

    ReplyDelete