Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Everyone is a Winner


Could you imagine this group atop Prospector? I like the guy who just goes with it and follows the commentator off to drug testing! EPO much? Thanks to the Cap'n for supplying a bit of culture to the blog with this subtitled film...Anyone up for the Cannes Film Fest this year?

Congrats to the Larsen Family on the new addition: Posted late yesterday afternoon, they had a new addition arrive at noon on Tuesday. If you ask me, that was plenty of time for Councilman to make the ride!

I must preface today's ride report with a few guilty statements: First, I greatly regret calling for a ride report last week and then failing to post Rock God's brilliant write up, it will happen again only under pain of death. Second, I am terrible with real name and much prefer introductions via taco handles, although this is not a very polite way to be introduced. Finally, even though April HTFUed last night to let me out for a ride, arriving home at 11:00 to multiple awake children may lead to some interesting spelling and grammar on today's post.

Last nights ride was a well attended affair on all fronts. Ghostrider, VD, Who's Tyler, Rock God, Piff (new rider), and I all met at Mosquito ready to ride. Cap'n and NoCar were there to ensure a solid send off. The group was met at the lake by NoHandle and Xteric. I will note that no riders were left behind in this posting! With a new rider in tow we headed off for the qualifier after a bevy of bike swaps. Ghost was on the Old Soldier and I took the Raleigh 29er. I do love the big wheeled revolution (No pun intended, the 29ers are taking over the world). Although Piff made the qualifier, he and I decided for an abbreviated route. We dropped down the return route to the flume while the remaining group took the longer route around. After making the cross flume connection, Piff and I headed back to the cars. The remaining group did the flume, to wedding march, rock garden 1a and then the remaining lake loop back in. On Piff and my return to the knot hole we came across a women running in the pitch black with a lame little flashlight, interesting sight (that will be the only running reference in today's posting).

Taco Report:
Not much of a crowd at the Knot Hole last night, worth note was B nesteled in at the bar in full spandex taking down some pre-group tacos. Points on the twofer taco making, one you made it for tacos, two you rode the road bike up to keep the spirit of tueday alive. The selection of sauces is still very good. Although, I do think we are on to something with the homemade contributions. Ghostrider produced another winner last night that made for a nice base layer and packed some solid flavor and good heat. Xteric attempted to order three tacos and was almost 86ed from the venue but quickly changed the order to an evenly divisible two! Math, I tell you, it gets you every time. I do not envy VD today and I will leave the discussion at that. The chill of late summer set in and we departed.

Racing:
Cap'n is on for the MS 150 this weekend. Good cause, good ride, good fun...Cap'n, have you got the miles in? There was some question last night on the volume of training?
Ghostrider is tackling the Sierra 100! Bike Selection? You do know that Cap'n is going 50 more miles. I say you cross the finish line and back track 50 miles, thus bringing your vertical to a round 25K.
Rock God is still talking about CX at Cyclebration?

Good luck to all.

Until we ride,
LOtB

8 comments:

  1. Nice post Larz. Congrats to Councilman on the young NoHandle arrival! On the bike to work I ran into Gary who recently purchased a cross bike, he is a possible new rider for both FT3 and some cross races. No, I don't have the miles in for this weekend, I will be running, no pun intended, on the inspiration of Lars' great effort last weekend. The good thing is that it is not a race and I will be getting some good base miles in for cross! Rock on FT3. The second time around that viddy is even more funny. I just cracked up so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Councilman on the newborn. Never mentioned to Larz on the last post, nice job on the run.

    It seems like my FT3 outings are getting later and later every time. From the night at B's with the one handed push ups and Jim Beam to having to hit up Pine Lodge because we left Knott Hole too early.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am I to understand that the second vehicle made a Pino Lodgee stop last night?

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Quad Ditto on the Councilman's addition, Lars's Run and write up, and the 2nd look at the video; especially because everyone was named Richard.

    I'll save my Pine Lodge virginity for a day when the spouse is out of town, I'm still paying for the last one.

    B - your benched until that leg is healed, right Cap'n.

    We passed 09/09/09 without a hitch; maybe the official birth of 29er domination - ok lame pun.

    We need to get some CX outings on the schedule, maybe an P'ville 'Urban Assault' should hit the calendar, or a Cross Route on the Sly so we don't skip the Knot Hole.

    Still working on that 'good days ratio', a new eating plan has commenced, no dairy, no coffee and more raw foods to start. We'll see if I go faster or get nicer. FT3 will keep me honest on both counts. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. VD: 190 Max HR...careful don't kill yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just to be able to hit 190 BPM again.... Those elevation gains are respectable. Thanks for posting VD.

    Lars - What's up with the ads on the FT3 videos? Are you going commercial on us with out a taco table meeting? Or are those sudo phantom 29er ads to go along with the theme?

    Speaking of Kelly showed up at the ball game on a nice Giant 29er hard tail, good DTI move.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was telling Ghost that we may have to start signing waivers for FT3. Crashes, hurt feelings, heart attacks...I am sure there is many more items to be added to the waiver.

    ReplyDelete